Sign in to follow this  
Sirmorebeer

Plex does Tidal

Posted (edited)

Plex does fall down when you have large music collections though - ie over 75,000 songs.  It doesn’t technically fall down, but the interface when searching and finding material in large collections is just terrible.

plus, I think plex still has the dreaded gap playback in flac files. Don’t know if this has been fixed yet.

dont get me wrong, I still use plex but only for movies and tv shows. It is great for those media types - but to me, it is just no good for music.

i use Jriver for music - and plex for movies and tv shows.  All the media sits on a nas and I can access any form of media over the network.  Suits me fine. Plus jriver has some very nifty rules that I can put in place that makes it far more flexible when listening to music. The tag system, zoning and in my mind, the playback quality in jriver is also much better.

but be careful, if you are looking at plex for music, then think carefully if you have a large collection and also check out if you can get around the gaps between tracks in flac files.

Edited by captain starlight
Fixed typo

18 hours ago, captain starlight said:

plus, I think plex still has the dreaded gap playback in flac files. Don’t know if this has been fixed yet

Yes it is not gapless which is pretty poor and is why I can’t use it in my main system.

Gapless playback works fine for me on the iOS/MacOSX Plex clients. 

Does anyone have any issues playing Tidal via the Plex app through Google Cast? I'm using the native Tidal app anyway, and Plex seems to stream my downloaded content just fine, but can't seem to play Tidal via Plex.