$10 DAB+ radio

I just bought a very cheap DAB+ radio,  from Target.   Only $10.      I picked it up to look at it because I thought it looked nice, then I noticed how cheap it was.  It feels good as well, - quite light, and covered in a rubberised surface that prevents it feeling cheap.   It really feels much better quality than a $10 item should.   It has DAB+ and FM modes, as well as a 2 setting alarm clock (great because it sets its time automatically from the radio).  It runs on 4 AA batteries or from mains via a supplied DC adapter.

Soundwise, the 2 small internal speakers sound nice, but maybe not full range.   It doesn't turn up very loud either - but sufficient.   Through headphones I was surprised and pleased.  The ABC Jazz station at 80kb was most enjoyable.

DSC_0014.jpg.444481aad123fc8a5b8bf4b9262d1f37.jpg

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

TEN BUCKS! 

And, you get a mains adapter?

Did someone make a huge mistake?

I'm off to Target.  

Yeah, I figure the mains adapter (5V 1A) was worth it alone.   It isn't even on special - at least the price tag seemed to be the normal white one.   Christmas gifts???

1 hour ago, davewantsmoore said:

It's kinda frightening isn't it....  sure, there's probably a small loss to be made for them at $10 .... but not a huge one.

What’s so frightening about it?

You see a bargain that too good to be true,  get a trolley and take the entire stock,  scan and pay for it in the selfcheck out counter,  as long as it’s $10  Push the trolley out the store and quickly run to the car b4 they realise it’s a mistake.....?

only return them if they’re faulty, either ask for a replacement or a full refund!..?

22 minutes ago, Addicted to music said:

What’s so frightening about it?

You see a bargain that too good to be true,  get a trolley and take the entire stock,  scan and pay for it in the selfcheck out counter,  as long as it’s $10  Push the trolley out the store and quickly run to the car b4 they realise it’s a mistake.....?

only return them if they’re faulty, either ask for a replacement or a full refund!..?

No need to be paranoid, this is the correct price I am sure.  They must have decided to clear the remaining stock that's all.

Bargain for me though.

I have it playing through the main stereo now and it's really sounding great.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, aussievintage said:

No need to be paranoid, this is the correct price I am sure.  They must have decided to clear the remaining stock that's all.

Bargain for me though.

I have it playing through the main stereo now and it's really sounding great.

You’re a luck man vintage.

sometimes they do stuff up.  The boss paid $2:50 for this a while back.