Sir Triode

Magnepan Owners & Discussion Thread

Typographic error for a MG3.7i?

Looks like a typo to me.
This article then goes on to talk about the 3.7i, not 30.7i.

Posted (edited)

That's what I initially thought... 

It's already caused confusion and clearly Magnepan is going to lose credibility big time!

As my trusted long time Maggie dealer mate said, the MG20.7 was the best design they came up with by far. Single panel, much easier to control and allows a good high current amp to grip well. They should have simply further improved on the 20.7's by:

1. Improving the frames rigidness, including those "T" shaped feet... 

2. Utilising higher quality grade parts in the cross-overs

3. Top quality input connectors and fuses on the back panel

4. Incorporating more powerful magnets, such ferrite or Neyodimium, which would have increased the overall efficiency of the speakers 

And the list goes on... 

Then introduce a new version of the 20 series, that would have been a very different project and an overall improvement by all means. 

Re-introducing an out-dated Tympani design? What on earth for? Just to recreate a massive bass panel so that it could out-perform other larger panels... Introduces other issues by having far too much LF. 

Still I'm not sure if this is confirmed or not. Nothing mentioned on either website, McLean nor Magnepan... No idea what's going on. 

Anyway, whatever it is, they would have to explain the whole justification of introducing another version of which just came out. 

RJ 

Edited by Big Dog RJ
Damn smart phones, spelling errors!

Guest Music monster
Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, Big Dog RJ said:

That's what I initially thought... 

It's already caused confusion and clearly Magnepan is going to lose credibility big time!

As my trusted long time Maggie dealer mate said, the MG20.7 was the best design they came up with by far. Single panel, much easier to control and allows a good high current amp to grip well. They should have simply further improved on the 20.7's by:

1. Improving the frames rigidness, including those "T" shaped feet... 

2. Utilising higher quality grade parts in the cross-overs

3. Top quality input connectors and fuses on the back panel

4. Incorporating more powerful magnets, such ferrite or Neyodimium, which would have increased the overall efficiency of the speakers 

And the list goes on... 

Then introduce a new version of the 20 series, that would have been a very different project and an overall improvement by all means. 

Re-introducing an out-dated Tympani design? What on earth for? Just to recreate a massive bass panel so that it could out-perform other larger panels... Introduces other issues by having far too much LF. 

Still I'm not sure if this is confirmed or not. Nothing mentioned on either website, McLean nor Magnepan... No idea what's going on. 

Anyway, whatever it is, they would have to explain the whole justification of introducing another version of which just came out. 

RJ 

Totally disagree bigdog.the 30.7s are the best speakers magnapan has  made by far.and there not bass heavy at all. They are 4 way with a new midrange driver and a lower midrange driver.the only way Maggie’s could improve the sound quality was to go larger with bigger and better drivers.a lot of audiophiles around the world had begged magnapan including jv from the tas to reintroduce the tympani in a update version because they believed the 20 series actually went backwards compared to the tympani models.you should think more carefully before posting comments like that.Gary the music monster 🎶

Edited by Music monster

Guest Music monster

It does look like a misprint as drake points out it go’s on to talk about the 3.7i. Gary the music monster 🎶

Where are you seeing that?
I can’t find anything online about a 30.7i model
It wasn't me it was Gary that saw it

Guest Music monster

Of corse I saw it on the web and fort straight away they are the new 30.7i but I just checked on it again and they talk about the 3.7i, so looks like a misprint, thank god for that😄. Gary the music monster 🎶

12 minutes ago, DMax said:
1 hour ago, Sir Sanders Zingmore said:
Where are you seeing that?
I can’t find anything online about a 30.7i model

It wasn't me it was Gary that saw it

15 minutes ago, Music monster said:

It does look like a misprint as drake points out it go’s on to talk about the 3.7i. Gary the music monster 🎶

Stop freaking me out, man.

Maybe you could have read further before posting...but all good now.

The "i" stands for improved model and although it's not impossible, it was highly unlikely that an improvement had been developed (and especially released) so early in the 30.7s "Career".

Guest Music monster

I freaked myself out, and yes I should have read further but was shocked on what I was seeing. Cart believe mistakes like this can happen. Gary the music monster 🎶

The "i" model will follow in time.

Guest Music monster

It certainly will but not for a few years. Gary the music monster 🎶

12 minutes ago, Yngvi said:

The "i" model will follow in time.

In my opinion I don't think the sound quality will be that much different at all if the i model does come out

Posted (edited)

This Special Edition one seems to be getting all the amazing reviews.  

mag.thumb.png.2dd2b56d49255585d9c19b015b5a0b61.png

Edited by buddyev

Guest Music monster

Seems there’s more misleading adds on the web. Gary the music monster 🎶

4 minutes ago, buddyev said:

This Special Edition one seems to be getting all the amazing reviews.  

mag.thumb.png.2dd2b56d49255585d9c19b015b5a0b61.png

Seems there’s more misleading adds on the web. Gary the music monster

Or maybe he's just having you on?! Lol

Guest Music monster
6 minutes ago, DMax said:
8 minutes ago, Music monster said:
Seems there’s more misleading adds on the web. Gary the music monster emoji445.png

Or maybe he's just having you on?! Lol

Yes I think your right dmax😄. Gary the music monster 🎶