Sir Triode

Magnepan Owners & Discussion Thread

apparently the Sanders Magtech Amps are designed for planars 

I run my 1.7is with a Linear Tube Audio MZ2 pre and a Sanders Magtech power amp. 900 watts into 4ohms.
Magnepans newest speaker the LRS (little ribbon speaker), which replaces the MMGi, gets a pretty good review in this months Stereophile
8abce570eff1e4541a8646b80bec932e.jpg

1 hour ago, Music monster said:

Have you asked anyone on stereonet if they can help you out? Gary the music monster 🎶

I dont even know where to start

6 minutes ago, genkifd said:

I don't even know where to start

I have PM'd you, g.  (You should see a '1' above the icon at the far right of the black line at the top of the SNA page.  Click on that icon.)

Andy

I dont even know where to start
You're more than welcome to come cover when we moved to our new house. I coudl set up the mg12s, 1.6s, 30.7s and the tympani IVa for ya! At the moment our house is quite hectic with limited room and hence I have only got the 1.6s set up for both music and home theatre duties :)

Cheers

Guest Music monster

1.6s are very nice speakers dmax you should be very happy with them. Gary the music monster 🎶

Posted (edited)

Thanks Andy much appreciate inviting me into your lovely home. The first set if planar I have ever sat to listen to. Love the sound stage and detail your Maggie's give you. 

I think I still need to listen to the 20.7

Edited by genkifd

Guest Music monster

Good to hear you enjoyed Andy’s planers. Gary the music monster 🎶

Guest Music monster

Yes definitely listen to a pair of 20.7s. There’s a few owners here on stereonet. Gary the music monster 🎶

I’m running 20.7’s with Rel subs, Templestowe Melbourne if you’re interested in having a listen.

Guest Music monster
4 hours ago, genkifd said:

Thanks Andy much appreciate inviting me into your lovely home. The first set if planar I have ever sat to listen to. Love the sound stage and detail your Maggie's give you. 

After hearing drakes you can come and experience the 30.7s if you like. Just pm me.gary the music monster 🎶

A pleasure, Ankz.  :thumb:

43 minutes ago, The Drake said:

I’m running 20.7’s with Rel subs, Templestowe Melbourne if you’re interested in having a listen.

As I said - people even use subs with the much larger 20.7s!  :lol:

Gary's 30.7s are a different kettle of fish!

Andy

You could listen in model order, you would be welcome to listen to my 3.7i’s before Drake’s 20.7’s then Gary’s 30.7’s [emoji1787][emoji1787]

Guest Music monster

Just had a read of the stereophile review and they reckon they will become an all time classic. Gary the music monster 🎶

Posted (edited)

wow thanks for all the offers - i think im going to listen the 20.,7 as this seems to achieve the qualities i desire.

actually dont want to listen to the 30.7 as they are over my budget that i would like to spend. dont want the temptation

Edited by genkifd

Guest Music monster

wow thanks for all the offers - i think im going to listen the 20.,7 as this seems to achieve the qualities i desire.

That’s great but if you wanna hear the ultimate from magnapans and the only pair in Australia you’re welcome. Gary the music monster 🎶

Gary thanks would love to but i think i would decline your generous offer.