blakey72

Best Confronting/Controversial Movies....

18 minutes ago, BuzzzFuzzz said:

Not sure about the 'best', but the 'most' confronting film I have seen is a doco titled 'Earthlings'.

A movie about the treatment of animals by humans.  I have a copy of it, but I have only ever watched it once.  I don't plan to watch it again either.

It made me depressed, frustrated, angry and bitter.  I was up out of my chair throwing expletives everywhere while watching it.

Not for the faint hearted - you will not believe your eyes, and the screaming of animals in pain and fear will haunt me for life.

Ant.

I'll give that a miss then.....animal cruelty does haunt me and I avoid seeing it at all costs.

It's the reason I won't watch 'The Cove', about the dolphin slaughter in Japan.

3 minutes ago, stevoz said:

I'll give that a miss then.....animal cruelty does haunt me and I avoid seeing it at all costs.

It's the reason I won't watch 'The Cove', about the dolphin slaughter in Japan.

Hey Steve.

It's weird hey???  We can watch Hollywood rip, tear, massacre, murder, rape, bleed and die while eating snacks.  All in the names of fantasy and fiction.

But we don't like to witness what we are capable of doing in real life.

I 'normally' avoid anything with prison bars, police, soldiers, guns and car chases, fictional or otherwise.  I wonder why?

I do watch them occasionally.  I like Tarantino's work, and the Cohen Bros.

Cheers Mate.

Posted (edited)

2 movies that have always stuck in my mind , controversial probably not, but certainly confronting in parts 

And this being considered out there, at the time 

Edited by cafe67

American History X

Not sure about the 'best', but the 'most' confronting film I have seen is a doco titled 'Earthlings'.

A movie about the treatment of animals by humans.  I have a copy of it, but I have only ever watched it once.  I don't plan to watch it again either.
It made me depressed, frustrated, angry and bitter.  I was up out of my chair throwing expletives everywhere while watching it.

Not for the faint hearted - you will not believe your eyes, and the screaming of animals in pain and fear will haunt me for life.

Ant.
It's on YouTube. Looks horrible truly disgusting what people can do.

I grew up on farms and consider myself lucky. I see many people in cities with pets that lead horrible lives but the owners don't see it. Dogs being left in a small yard or unit all day barking. Cats being let out to kill whatever they can catch....

Posted (edited)

This is one of the most important movies in my life

In a nutshell about the rise of fascism in Italy in the 30’s and it’s tacit support from the middle and upper classes and the way they were engulfed in its flames

Sort of what’s happening right now in America and Europe 

But the Most confronting thing was the full frontal nudity of Gerard Depardieu and Robert De Niro when they were both young and the best actors of their generation 

image.jpg

Edited by keyse1

Posted (edited)

Double post

Edited by keyse1