SOLD: FS LENEHAN ML1 Reference

SOLD

Item: Lenehan ML1 Reference Speaker
Price: $1950 (but as we know everything is negotiable)
Item Condition: 8.5/10
Reason for selling: Funding other gear
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash,  Bank transfer
Extra Info: Very well known Australian made speaker. Monitor are in good condition with minor swirl and small paint chip barely noticeable. Prefer local sale but have original box for shipping. 

Thanks for watching

Pictures:

IMG_2891.jpg

IMG_2892.jpg

IMG_2893.jpg

IMG_2894.jpg

IMG_2895.jpg

IMG_2896.jpg

IMG_2897.jpg

AndreaB, my apologies for this not being an enquiry about the sale, but given that those two pairs of speaker in your photos are similar in scale, are both very popular and are both designed by high reputation designers/makers, a few of us would die to hear what the difference in the sound signature may be between your Dynaudios and Lenehans.

Any chance you would comment on your Personal Impressions regarding the relative strengths of each ? 

Of course it would be subjective opinion, but it would be great to hear your view since you have them both there in the same room.

Edited by marten
Typos

Marten, will try but I am not very good in describing :). Small note,  white speaker are ATC SCM11.

Honestly I have not played much with this two set up but i did notice couple of things:

1. ATC has better bass control. I believe that this is due to the fact that my rooms is not very big (and unfortunately square) and ATC is seal box design while the ML1 are rear ported. 

2. ML1 goes lower compare to the ATC and the sound stage looks deeper. Please consider the two different speaker placement, it could affect the soundstange. I did not bother to try to swap them.

3. ATC midrage and vocal are more pronounced but again here I think is because of their placement.

4. ML1 high are more delicate to my hears.

5. ATC likes power. At the moment I have Sudgen A21 that I am using with CABASSE Bora and honestly struggle with the SCM11. I can tell you the combination accuphase E210/ATC it sounds little bit dry to me compare to Sudgen/Cabasse.

Andrea

• Like 2

Guest Muon N'

Both will benefit from stands.

Those ML-1's look like Mario's old ones? great buy for someone after a Reference model.

GLWTS :thumb:

Edited by Muon N'

AndreaB, thanks for giving us your thoughts on how you experience the difference between the two pairs.

Re the sale, I'd just love to give the Lenehans a shot, but with four pairs of speakers I should be thinking of selling not buying.

These speakers are a steal, I already have a few pairs and ML2+R.

As a smaller speaker they miss some of the lower end of the ML2s but in saying that people still go looking for my sub when I run them as they are better than many more retail market towers.

For some of the more pop orientated music the smaller low end is a plus where bass has been boosted for the iPod market plus seems some TV streaming services are doing similar. Many older jazz recordings don’t seem to have the low end anyway so nothing missed.

I picked up a pair for my cheaper second system build which is in the lounge in a space measuring 9m by 4.5m running long ways and they are brilliant with a punchy 250W peak older Redgum signature series ($1k off Gumtree). For $3k including my amp this is amazing value system for mostly TV duty and family listening music upstairs where I spend most of my time. The discrete size of the ML1s passed the asthetics test too.

Currently upgrading with an ordered Klein III DAC ($650) that will take optical off the TV and coax off a second Oppo (103, $380 Gumtree) and lift the system another level for little investment.

I also find the ML1s match up well for rears etc in a HT with the ML2s up front from my main stereo system. 

Someone needs to buy these!

Edited by DrSK