adding headphone output to intergrated amp

Hi Guys

I would like to keep my Redgum Integrated amp and replace my NAD 325. The only problem with this amp is there is no headphone output. I need one so i can play games late at night or listen to the PC at night.

is there a device that allows me to hook into the output of the amp and power the headphones but when i dont need it the amp operates normally?

cheers

Not sure how much you want to spend RaoR, but you could try a headphone amp with loop through. There is a very highly regarded Talisman amp in the FS section at the moment, or for something small try to find a Channel Islands Audio VHP-2 (try head-fi or audiocircle). There are other amps around with that feature - Heed Canamp, MF Xcan spring to mind.

The loop though is active even when the amp isn't turned on, you just connect your source to the headamp then the headamp to your integrated - I used to have this setup with the CIA headamp and currently have it with a Violectric V200 with a loop through. Only works if you have one source though

Edited by markm1111

could you use the Pre Out of the Integrated amp as the single source for the Head Amp? Then use the intergrated to switch sources

but i wouldnt mind putting my sub on the intergrated aswell, so that would use the Pre Out, what about using the Record Out of the Redgum?

probably looking to spend, i dunno a couple hundred, at a push

Using the record out is perfect, as it is a fixed level. You don't even need a loop through on the head aamp then, unless you have a tape deck connected. Opens up a lot more variety in the head amps you can buy. You should be able to buy something that is half decent second hand for a $2-300 including shipping from head-fi or any of the other overseas sites - exchange rate helps you out there. Could even try your hand at a little tube flavour if you like.

i looked at that Talisman, way over budget but im sure its a nice unit. Good luck with the sale, i like your personal selling approach

a nice CKIII thing popped up, but i dont know if i use it that much to warrant it. I only have a set of Sen 202's. (maybe i could upgrade those?)

thanks guys, very quick solution found