Need recommendation: Bookshelf speaker $5000-$10000 range

11 hours ago, Analysis said:

I wish I could! My current setup doesn’t allow for stands...If my wife had all her way, my records wouldn’t be there.

WAF!
IMG_1543918965.236911.jpg

still beautiful; but I think you'd probably get a 20% to 30% 'upgrade' in quality by doing it. plan it as your next upgrade. ;)

• Like 1

On 22/11/2018 at 1:45 PM, Eggcup The Daft said:

The only time I've heard 805 (D2 not D3) they were working fine closer to the wall than that -  less than 30cm space behind! - but well away from the corners. I wouldn't write them off but thanks for info from an owner.

I don't know the Grahams but I have heard the Rogers original. Very BBC, not very "modern living room". The Graham may suit a Harbeth owner.

Sure, I know better than anyone how well 805D3’s can sound in less than ideal situations. 

Hopefully you haven't purchased something already.

I'm not sure anyone has mentioned them but the Hulgich Serenades are a beautiful looking and sounding speaker. 

They do take up a little bit of space with their stands but I do think they look better then floor standers. Just my opinion of course. 

The bass they produce from such a small woofer is incredible and the speakers are refined top to bottom. They are also front ported which means they can basically be touching a wall. Best part is that they are Australian made.

@HA_Nick is a great bloke. I suggest having a chat to him about the Serenades or the Nina's and see how you go.