Sign in to follow this  
blybo

Fasting, anybody done it?

Guest JohnA
6 minutes ago, blybo said:

but not required every day. As long as I know what the long term trend is I'm happy.

yea bugger weighing in everyday, i use to weigh in once a week, and now lucky if i weigh in every 3 weeks. 
I go by my pants size :)

Man Hasn't Eaten Anything For 75 Years- Prahlad Jani

41 minutes ago, blybo said:

but not required every day. As long as I know what the long term trend is I'm happy.

I know not required... but its meant to be a reminder I think... to keep you on it :) 

12 hours ago, blybo said:

Thanks. Imagine if I had given up the grog too! I've been sensible of late, haven't given it up as I said I would, but cut right back and generally not drinking during the week the last few weeks. Even last night I had 1 pint at the pub and actually didn't want any more. Meal was disappointing but had a mars bar cake and the sugar crash afterwards was horrible, just felt bloated and so so tired, was ready for bed at 9pm

When I dropped 20kg I didn't give up the piss but drank low alcohol instead. I dont know if it helped but what helped was that I was losing weight without giving up living. I think Ive said before I made Friday my reward night with beer and pizza.

No better feeling mentally than realizing you feel sick after eating the type of thing you could easily scoff before. Or the amount. Its a sign your guts is shrinking which means you need less to fill up. Which means you eat less.. No matter what type of diet or philosophy you adopt less in is good.

7 hours ago, betty boop said:

I think the weight thing have to be wary off. it is important to weigh...

Wen you are seeing results its addictive. I really raced against the scales and I think it helped me. Seriously if I hadn't seen something in the first few weeks I would have given up.

What made me come un stuck was relenting on my hard core regime of no junk food because I was so happy with my result that I thought a bit here or there wouldn't hurt. Ive never gone back to the way I was but I didn't need to touch it at all. My employment circumstances changed and I stopped bike riding and then further lost my job and gave up gym. All of this was mental and excuses. But its easy to  get back into bad habits.

On 22/03/2019 at 7:26 AM, candyflip said:

Your body has finally let go of stasis (where it always prefers to be), and is in a changed metabolic mode.

If there is one piece of advice I could give from here, it's don't sabotage the state you have worked so hard mentally to get to, and which your body has resisted so hard physically up to now.

Take advantage of the unique chance to get more runs on the board while you can.

Stasis will return - and you need at that point to have set yourself up right with the new eating & drinking habits that you carry through for the rest of your skinny life.  ;) 

I wish I had taken more notice. I've put back on 9 kg's since March mostly in a 3 month period! The big lesson is that half hearted keto (high fat) with some carbs or sugar means quick weight gain. My wife convinced me to have a break from keto whilst we were camping at Easter time. I've struggled to get back to a strict keto diet since and some big issues at work the last 6 months have made stress eating and drinking of an evening more of a norm.

I am committed to getting back on the weight loss "cycle" and will up my riding now the weather is improving 😜. I've already got the booze back under control and now need to concentrate on calorific intake and well as getting strict about keto again rather than the half arsed attempt of late that is clearly not the way to go.

weather getting better certainly helps ! ups the spirits too 

am doing more runs and walks and hopefully can get some riding in there too ! (bike has collected dust last few months !) 

2 hours ago, blybo said:

I wish I had taken more notice. I've put back on 9 kg's since March mostly in a 3 month period! The big lesson is that half hearted keto (high fat) with some carbs or sugar means quick weight gain. My wife convinced me to have a break from keto whilst we were camping at Easter time. I've struggled to get back to a strict keto diet since and some big issues at work the last 6 months have made stress eating and drinking of an evening more of a norm.

I am committed to getting back on the weight loss "cycle" and will up my riding now the weather is improving 😜. I've already got the booze back under control and now need to concentrate on calorific intake and well as getting strict about keto again rather than the half arsed attempt of late that is clearly not the way to go.

It's a journey and a process mate.

You don't *have* to get it right, first time.

Get back on the go and aim high again - maybe this time will be the one that your changed diet becomes a permanent habit, instead?  :heart:

Guest Muon N'

Never mind....

Edited by Muon N'

Guest Muon N'

You southerners and ya' weather now getting better, up here It's beginning to get worse, 36 degrees yesterday *yuck* :lol:

45 minutes ago, Muon N' said:

You southerners and ya' weather now getting better, up here It's beginning to get worse, 36 degrees yesterday *yuck* :lol:

who needs to do any exercise to break a sweat... just walk outside :D