blybo

Fasting, anybody done it?

6 minutes ago, blybo said:

but not required every day. As long as I know what the long term trend is I'm happy.

yea bugger weighing in everyday, i use to weigh in once a week, and now lucky if i weigh in every 3 weeks. 
I go by my pants size :)

Man Hasn't Eaten Anything For 75 Years- Prahlad Jani

41 minutes ago, blybo said:

but not required every day. As long as I know what the long term trend is I'm happy.

I know not required... but its meant to be a reminder I think... to keep you on it :) 

12 hours ago, blybo said:

Thanks. Imagine if I had given up the grog too! I've been sensible of late, haven't given it up as I said I would, but cut right back and generally not drinking during the week the last few weeks. Even last night I had 1 pint at the pub and actually didn't want any more. Meal was disappointing but had a mars bar cake and the sugar crash afterwards was horrible, just felt bloated and so so tired, was ready for bed at 9pm

When I dropped 20kg I didn't give up the piss but drank low alcohol instead. I dont know if it helped but what helped was that I was losing weight without giving up living. I think Ive said before I made Friday my reward night with beer and pizza.

No better feeling mentally than realizing you feel sick after eating the type of thing you could easily scoff before. Or the amount. Its a sign your guts is shrinking which means you need less to fill up. Which means you eat less.. No matter what type of diet or philosophy you adopt less in is good.

7 hours ago, betty boop said:

I think the weight thing have to be wary off. it is important to weigh...

Wen you are seeing results its addictive. I really raced against the scales and I think it helped me. Seriously if I hadn't seen something in the first few weeks I would have given up.

What made me come un stuck was relenting on my hard core regime of no junk food because I was so happy with my result that I thought a bit here or there wouldn't hurt. Ive never gone back to the way I was but I didn't need to touch it at all. My employment circumstances changed and I stopped bike riding and then further lost my job and gave up gym. All of this was mental and excuses. But its easy to  get back into bad habits.