SOLD: FS: Vintage Pioneer Speakers with Sonic Blocks

SOLD

Item: Vintage Pioneer Speakers with Sonic Block Stands
Price: 90
Item Condition: GOOD
Reason for selling: NLR
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
Extra Info:

Do not know the model number but my guess is that it is early CS series from 1960's so vintage speaker. The drivers and tweeters are fantastic condition but cabinets has marks and scratches. Given the age, it is still amazing condition.

I put extra virgin olive oil on surface teak veneer to nourish them and it looks lovely to look at. 

I got these pair of speaker to understand how vintage speakers sound and to my surprise, it was not muddy or overly bright at all but sound slightly warm side of neutral. The bass is big and punch and mid and high has enough details without fatigues.

By putting wooden sonic block underneath (not a looker and has worn out look but it makes noticeable difference), it makes bass tighter and more neutral to me. The Sound block made up of wooden veneer on top, several layers of plywood underneath and granules inner core. Not sure how it works but it somehow absorb excessive bass and work as bass trap. 

Even though I love vintage stuff, my wife and kids are not fond of vintage stuff so they are not welcomed by rest of my family. ?

Hope it goes to good home and be loved and well used.

Thanks for viewing this ad...

Dimension of each speaker: 28cm wide 23cm deep 61cm tall.

Bass driver: 8" in Size

Pictures:

IMG_7163.JPG

IMG_7161.JPG

IMG_7158.JPG

IMG_7156.JPG

IMG_7155.JPG

IMG_7154.JPG

IMG_7150.JPG

IMG_7149.JPG

IMG_7148.JPG

IMG_7147.JPG

IMG_7146.JPG

IMG_7145.JPG

Edited by Spider27

1 minute ago, SimonS said:

Jim,I cannot believe you are 

moving my old sonic blocks on-such a rarity !

GLWTS mate !

Yes, I am actually half mind on this one ? because that sonic block makes quite a bit of difference and it would be a great desktop stand for bookshelf speaker, too. I found that it absorb excessive vibration from the speaker and makes sound more balanced and found great match for this Vintage Speaker.

I would be happy to keep the stand if the buyer does not want it and might offer better price on speaker itself.

• Like 1