Cool Components

No experience with them. 

Is it possible to have them powered/switched to the device you are wanting to keep cool?

I would not expect a device like this to have a large power consumption, but running it 24/7 would be excessive and only serve to wear out the fan bearings quicker, which would result in them becoming noisier.

20 minutes ago, mdm1979 said:

Has anybody ever has experience with one of these units? I didn’t buy the thermometer attachment so is it just meant to run 24/7? Is that going to have a significant impact on my bill? I sent the company email but I haven’t responded.

http://www.coolcomponents.com/Component-Cooling-System-_p_191.html

62173a3ee2cabc54fd46d5e554e79138.jpg

According to the specs, it consumes a maximum of a little less than 12 Watts. That's around 105kWh/year. You can work out the cost by asking your power company.

I would ask why the manufacturer of your equipment has failed to supply a product which requires external cooling for correct operation. I'd return it. 

Depending on how your gear is housed, sometimes there's limitations that require external cooling.  That unit you're looking at is pretty full on.  I went a USB powered dual exhaust fan for my DAC/streamer - USB powered is great because it only runs when the unit is on.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Kaynin said:

I've got 2 pairs of these connected to USB power supplies that are plugged into the slave outlets on master/slave power boards so they only run when the gear is on - they work perfectly and everything runs cool.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Quark said:

I've got 2 pairs of these connected to USB power supplies that are plugged into the slave outlets on master/slave power boards so they only run when the gear is on - they work perfectly and everything runs cool.

Spot on Quarky, and they run super quiet!

• Like 1