Highresaudio

Has anyone used this site? 

highresaudio.com

As with HDtracks a lot of content is geo-blocked but on available stuff it looks like higher res and DSD files aren't much more expensive than 16/44.

I've always baulked at paying double for higher res on HDtracks, their DSD is often more expensive than vinyl. 

Edited by buddyev

Guest ClassicalGuy

For HDTracks, I use Opera as the web browser as it has a built in VPN (you have to turn it on in settings but it's there) - it'll get you by all of the geo-locks. This isn't one off either, I've been using it for a few years and buy an album every week or two. 

It doesn't fix the pricing increase on hi res, but does at least give you access to their full catalogue.

35 minutes ago, ClassicalGuy said:

For HDTracks, I use Opera as the web browser as it has a built in VPN (you have to turn it on in settings but it's there) - it'll get you by all of the geo-locks. This isn't one off either, I've been using it for a few years and buy an album every week or two. 

It doesn't fix the pricing increase on hi res, but does at least give you access to their full catalogue.

Yes, I use Opera and its VPN for HDtracks and it works fine. I just resent paying in excess of vinyl prices for downloads, so highresaudio looks like it might be a good alternative.

Highresaudio has been my first choice for a number of years and I’ve been very happy. I use VPN if an album is geoblocked, which does mean you need to pay VAT, but I still think the price is ok. Once purchased you can download using the download manager without any need for VPN.

• Like 1