sdepass

Heschl Hal 350 Integrated Amp

4 minutes ago, Cafad said:

The contact us still doesn't work and the phone number listed goes straight to a recorded message saying that Simon can't answer right now.

These circumstances make it hard to work out where a unit can be heard for an audition.

It is also unbelievable in 2019 that someone expects to launch and sell a product - and not a cheap product by the way (you could get a VERY decent system for $20,000) - and yet not offer the meagrest of information about it.  I'm still wondering (a) how the OP heard about the amp and (b) managed to buy one ahead of its launch.  I asked that question before and there was no reply.  It all sounds a bit rum to me.  

29 minutes ago, sensiyat said:

I tried out this amp straight out of the box and its off the charts. I was driving my ML2 Limited's with a PSA P10 and all cables except power were by Lenehan Audio. It has a built in DAC which I don't know much just yet. I have a DSD by PS Audio with the latest Snowmass software and I have to say to my ears this sounded every bit as good. No run in time was on the amp or DAC  so not really fair to give a proper appraisal but wow I was super impressed to say the least. I wan't an end game solution even though they don't exist. I am looking for an integrated amp and this might be a contender!

Did you come all the way from France to listen to it?

Simon called me back this morning, at 7:20am.  Since I was in my pre-start meeting at the time I didn't answer but he left me a message and then sent a text saying that yes, Mike Lenehan does still have the demo unit.  Since I didn't mention Mike on the message that I left I am guessing that the "contact us" function on the website does actually work.

I aim to call him back tomorrow for a chat.  Here's hoping they have a unit available for a bit of a borrow (fingers crossed!).

No, it's been a bad week.  I did get confirmation that Mike Lenehan does still have his demo unit however.

I'll give Simon a call back when I'm feeling better, as I said, it's been a bad week.

I never did get around to calling Simon back.  My bad.  I do have a few questions too.

I see the website is a bit more filled out and polished now.  It seems a couple of those wattage errors have been corrected.

Also the price has gone up, now retailing for $24,999.

Posted (edited)

Bump; has no-one managed to get a demo unit for review?

Illusive launch for sure. 

Edited by h2oxide

4 minutes ago, h2oxide said:

Bump; has no-one managed to get a demo unit for review?

Illusive launch for sure. 

StereoNET will publish its full review of the HAL350 soon.

Posted (edited)

I did read the article which brought me here, though I clearly missed the last sentence; cheers guys.

Edited by h2oxide

It's still running in and next in line with one of our reviewers.

Posted (edited)

Open the pod bay doors Hal...

...they shoulda called it the HAL 9000

Edited by Cigar nuke

If it cost's  $24 grand I Would not pay that for it. I would buy a Diablo 300 for the same price. Keen to read the review!

I wonder if there's any chance of a Lenehan/Heschl GTG any time soon?

Just putting the idea out there.

5 hours ago, sdepass said:

If it cost's  $24 grand I Would not pay that for it. I would buy a Diablo 300 for the same price. Keen to read the review!

surely you'd be better off waiting to hear it before deciding that you would buy something else instead?