Sign in to follow this  
sdepass

Heschl Hal 350 Integrated Amp

Hi All,

I tried out this amp straight out of the box and its off the charts. I was driving my ML2 Limited's with a PSA P10 and all cables except power were by Lenehan Audio. It has a built in DAC which I don't know much just yet. I have a DSD by PS Audio with the latest Snowmass software and I have to say to my ears this sounded every bit as good. No run in time was on the amp or DAC  so not really fair to give a proper appraisal but wow I was super impressed to say the least. I wan't an end game solution even though they don't exist. I am looking for an integrated amp and this might be a contender!

IMG_0571.jpg

IMG_0572.jpg

IMG_0573.jpg

IMG_0575.jpg

Edited by sdepass
added pics

Hi Brad, It's an integrated amp designed by an  Australian I believe. I had a chance to go to demo of it again today with Mike Lenehan of Lenehan Audio and meet the designer but my day was pre booked. Its a 350 watt class AB design to my knowledge with a build it DAC. Its a beast of a thing and I was so impressed. I would like a Diablo 300 which I have heard but was blown away with this.

Edited by sdepass

I heard one of these briefly at Mikes a couple of weeks ago.  Very impressive, I want to know more.  I don't believe that the amp has officially been launched as a new product yet, hopefully this means a company website will be created shortly so we can get specs, see pics and read the story of its development.

It looks like a minimalist component but the combination of vocals and bass that it was wringing out of those ML2 Reference speakers of Mikes was a better combo to my ears than the PS Audio gear he used to use.

45 minutes ago, sdepass said:

Hi Brad, It's an integrated amp designed by an i Australian I believe. I had a chance to go to demo of it again today with Mike Lenehan of Lenehan Audio and meet the designer but my day was pre booked. Its a 350 watt class AB design to my knowledge with a build it DAC. Its a beast of a thing and I was so impressed. I would like a Diablo 300 which I have heard but was blown away with this.

We please need more info, this "sounds" exciting.

7 minutes ago, Cafad said:

I heard one of these briefly at Mikes a couple of weeks ago.  Very impressive, I want to know more.  I don't believe that the amp has officially been launched as a new product yet, hopefully this means a company website will be created shortly so we can get specs, see pics and read the story of its development.

It looks like a minimalist component but the combination of vocals and bass that it was wringing out of those ML2 Reference speakers of Mikes was a better combo to my ears than the PS Audio gear he used to use.

@Lenehan Audio 

@cafad and @sdepass has posted about this Heschl amp - and AFAIK you have not?

What could you please tell us?

@bhobba Have you heard it? Thoughts, please?

It Played my system louder and better than I have ever heard it with some reference tracks Mike is familiar with. I can't imagine how good it will be with a decent amount of run in time, maybe 200 hours or something like that.

Looks very interesting. Fantastic that it is Australian made. The extra heat sinks on the rear of the amp are particularly interesting, I have never seen that before.

Any idea of the price of this ?

wait for it, about $20,000.00 I believe.

Is it going to have more inputs? One pair of RCA's is all I see. Does it have a built in Dac?

More details are needed.

I would love to give them to you but I don't have any other information as yet. It does have a built in DAC.

Edited by sdepass

7 minutes ago, sdepass said:

wait for it, about $20,000.00 I believe.

Wow, no wonder it sounds good. It doesn’t look like a $20 k amp on first look. But hey looks aren’t everything in this game..

Its solid as a tank but the volume control is poor quality and I have mentioned this and it will be addressed I believe. Binding posts are great and easy to access. It weighs about 38Kg so it is not light. It really did sound incredible straight out of the box!

2 hours ago, sdepass said:

IMG_0575.jpg

Nice to see that it has ditched the ubiquitous IEC power socket in favour of a proper power socket.

Whilst I fully support this approach, I foreshadow some disgruntled customers who won't be able to use their megabuck IEC cables!  ;) 

3 minutes ago, pete_mac said:

Nice to see that it has ditched the ubiquitous IEC power socket in favour of a proper power socket.

Whilst I fully support this approach, I foreshadow some disgruntled customers who won't be able to use their megabuck IEC cables!  ;) 

What is this "proper" power socket called Pete? 

32 minutes ago, Cafad said:

Neutrik?

35 minutes ago, Cafad said:

'Tis the Neutrik Powercon NAC3MPX lockable power recepticle!

a_2249_otsi1.jpg

The plug looks like this:

prime_presentation_pres_0006.jpg

Easily adaptable to any aftermarket cable, of course... but she's not the prettiest connector out there.

Edited by pete_mac

I was actually a big fan and it was the first time I have used one.

3 hours ago, Jventer said:

@Lenehan Audio 

@cafad and @sdepass has posted about this Heschl amp - and AFAIK you have not?

What could you please tell us?

@bhobba Have you heard it? Thoughts, please?

Know nothing about it and have not heard it.

What I am looking into is the new Chord TT2 with associated M-Scaler.   The DAC has a powerful output stage - 18W - for direct connecting to amps.  More info if and when I get my hands on one - they are not cheap - but this combined amp/Dac idea has me intrigued.   In negotiations now about getting the gear - its not cheap so I will be taking my time to get the best deal.

Thanks

Bill

Edited by bhobba

Thanks, all has been made clear - for my purposes, at least.  If it is $20000, then it had better be more than outstanding.  It has very few features or facilities.

Good luck with your quest.

9 hours ago, Antipodean Brad said:

Thanks, all has been made clear - for my purposes, at least.  If it is $20000, then it had better be more than outstanding.  It has very few features or facilities.

Good luck with your quest.

Agree, for $20K there are so many options and it has to be very very good

Is this a new start up? If so, why do they start at the pointy end of the business where choices are many and buyers are few. I hope they've done their market research, and I wish them luck, but I think I see a train wreck coming.

So they use a proper and very modern power Neutrik Powercon socket and then install a volume pot of low quality, how does this work. Very ugly and looks like it came from Jaycar. Although good things to those who wait and I await further details and images of the innards.

14 hours ago, Mauro said:

So they use a proper and very modern power Neutrik Powercon socket and then install a volume pot of low quality, how does this work. Very ugly and looks like it came from Jaycar. Although good things to those who wait and I await further details and images of the innards.

That's an interesting assumption you've made there.  Given that they is an almost complete lack of info on this particular amp why would you assume that the volume pot is of low quality?

Given the asking price I would assume that the volume control doesn't use a pot at all.  

7 hours ago, Cafad said:

That's an interesting assumption you've made there.  Given that they is an almost complete lack of info on this particular amp why would you assume that the volume pot is of low quality?

Given the asking price I would assume that the volume control doesn't use a pot at all.  

Read post by Sdepass above who has auditioned it.

" Its solid as a tank but the volume control is poor quality and I have mentioned this and it will be addressed I believe. Binding posts are great and easy to access. It weighs about 38Kg so it is not light. It really did sound incredible straight out of the box! "

My bad, I don't know why I added pot although the end effect is the same.

Edited by Mauro