I won't be upgrading from my Node 2, as much as I've heard improvements from a Sonos Connect, then Denon Heos and now the Bluesound, any further improvements to the 2i would have to be minor via coax, on my system anyway!

Plus I love the sound from the one I have so no need to chase rainbows anymore!

@jakeyb77 just wondering if you have had a chance to try it without the Klien dac connected?

cheers Terry

2 hours ago, TerryO said:

@jakeyb77 just wondering if you have had a chance to try it without the Klien dac connected?

cheers Terry

Not yet Terry. Haven’t had a second for music I’m afraid. Silly season 

Just had a quick play sans dac. In short I could very much live with this player without a dac. I played Folk Singer by Muddy Waters as I know this record really well. There was the separation I expected. Drums mostly in the left. Acoustic guitar in the right. Plenty of bass that’s sharp and great attack on the snare. 

With the vinyl and the Klein Muddy is dead centre and far back. I would say that this wasn’t as defined as it could be and was a little washed out rather than pin point middle. Was it annoying? No. Just evident knowing the difference. 

I would say it’s a very good performer. Give one a try. 

*** hmm I just noticed with volume up loud I was getting a signal distortion on very loud vocals from Muddy. When it went quickly from medium to loud. 

Edited by jakeyb77

I get  this on the vinyl so may be a recording issue. More to come