cafe67

The greatest war movies ever made ??

9 hours ago, Mobe1969 said:

I thought it was phenomenal though.

9 hours ago, betty boop said:

cant wait to watch rest.

Thanks guy's for your thoughts on The Outpost, sorted, now rushing out to buy this :D

On 13/09/2020 at 2:47 AM, STROP said:

Thanks guy's for your thoughts on The Outpost, sorted, now rushing out to buy this :D

oh gosh I watched outpost finally in entirety... ended up watching in 2 bits

but my goodness ! yep what a story...and a true very real if unbelievable one.

in audio...gosh i dont know if have come across a war movie like this one......it really is a war zone.

made well, good acting.... highly recommended and thanks for the headsup guys ! whom ever it was jumped on this first up :) 

I have been unable to source White Tiger,on Bluray according to Bluray.com it was released in Australia,can’t find anywhere though

only available from other countries with no English subtitles!

Anyone have for trade/Sale?

cheers Muriwai 

12 hours ago, muriwai said:

I have been unable to source White Tiger,on Bluray according to Bluray.com it was released in Australia,can’t find anywhere though

only available from other countries with no English subtitles!

Anyone have for trade/Sale?

cheers Muriwai 

Yeah I've been searching for it for years. It got a UPC but I've never seen a copy or heard of anyone with it. I don't know if it all comes from a spurious listing, or someone actualyl had it. I mean the DVD release was only a few months back, and no blu at that time.

3 hours ago, Mobe1969 said:

Yeah I've been searching for it for years. It got a UPC but I've never seen a copy or heard of anyone with it. I don't know if it all comes from a spurious listing, or someone actualyl had it. I mean the DVD release was only a few months back, and no blu at that time.

Sorry,what is a UPC?🥺

14 minutes ago, muriwai said:

Sorry,what is a UPC?🥺

A UPC.  "Universal Product Code". The barcode they stick on the back that gets assigned to movies when a release is planned. So you can search for that in various places, but noone seems to have had any evidence of having the item. So for example the Underwater UHD AND BLu-Ray. Both of those got UPCs assigned so retailers can put up for preorder. But the releases disappeared eventually, so the never existed in the real world. I'm thinking White Tiger Blu Ray is the same deal.

On 14/09/2020 at 8:25 PM, betty boop said:

oh gosh I watched outpost finally in entirety... ended up watching in 2 bits

but my goodness ! yep what a story...and a true very real if unbelievable one.

in audio...gosh i dont know if have come across a war movie like this one......it really is a war zone.

made well, good acting.... highly recommended and thanks for the headsup guys ! whom ever it was jumped on this first up :) 

BTW, I listened to the Audiobook again (the one by that journalist, Jake Tapper), and the movie is pretty accurate. If anything understated on how messed it all was. I guess somethings that you might say differed is some people that died seemingly in the movie, died slightly later in hospital in Germany, like Yllescas.

I want to get the audiobook for Romesha's account of it.

Can't take any war movie list seriously that hasn't got 'Come and See' by Elem Klimov on it. Check it out when you want to be truly horrified.

Most shouldn't be on there as others have stated. 'The Thin Red Line' by Malick is head and shoulders over most. I still get angry when I remember they gave the Oscar that year to Spielberg's 'Disney' movie - 'Saving Private Ryan'.

Rob

Edited by Rob McHugh
Typo

2 hours ago, Rob McHugh said:

Can't take any war movie list seriously that hasn't got 'Come and See' by Elem Klimov on it. Check it out when you want to be truly horrified.

Most shouldn't be on there as others have stated. 'The Thin Red Line' by Malick is head and shoulders over most. I still get angry when I remember they gave the Oscar that year to Spielberg's 'Disney' movie - 'Saving Private Ryan'.

Rob

Come and See just sounds too depressing for me.

As much as I enjoy SPR, from the very first time I saw it, on release in the cinema, it has always grated on me the d day landing portrayal. I mean if you were ignorant of history seeing it you'd think a bunch of amphibious landers left England and crossed the Channel. No air support. No naval support. I mean ignoring aircraft, naval firepower alone in WW2 was incredible, especially for ship to near shore.