The greatest war movies ever made ??

• 2 weeks later...

30 minutes ago, Tony ray said:

Greyhound was excellent except for the sound form Apple TV.

Anyone else have a problem with the sound track? it lacked oomph.

I found the dialogue way to buried into the mix making it difficult to understand what was being said at times.

49 minutes ago, Tony ray said:

Greyhound was excellent except for the sound form Apple TV.

Anyone else have a problem with the sound track? it lacked oomph.

Sound was good :) using tv speakers ?

18 minutes ago, Tubularbells said:

I found the dialogue way to buried into the mix making it difficult to understand what was being said at times.

Tom hanks is a bit of a mumbler as well :D

Watched Warhorse over the weekend.

A good story within a war I thought. Few scenes there that really make you feel sorry for the (potential) treatment of animals in war back in the day.

Not sure if it qaulifies a war movie but I bought the 80s TV series Shaka Zulu on DVD some years ago, started watching it again yesterday, brilliant series but focuses as much on Shaka's birth and his life as it does the british invasion and his war on other tribes etc.  Still worth a watch in anycase IMO

20200803_102700_HDR_resized.jpg

Edited by 08Boss302
added image
  • Like 2

a very curious disc D-Day am not sure if folk have checked out ... but looks nothing short of stunning in quite a few bits. a curious mix as real shot 65-70mm film and CGI animations and mock ups and things. its the real shot stuff that looks amazing. theres some stuff shot via helicopter with a gyro steadied camera and thats all pretty amazing as well.

its a bit of cash ! to buy form overseas and only 40min as a documentary as turns out ...  ! so not exactly great value for money but enlightening on the D-day aspect with some stuff had no idea about prior...

ps do not waste time with the extra stuff though... its shot on I kid you not 4:3 and what looks like early lower than SD quality picture... very ordinary ... one extra was called normandy today or something no way thats today ... maybe 30 years ago :D the main documentary though looks awesome.

• 2 weeks later...

41 minutes ago, muriwai said:

Hi mobe,any comments on the outpost?

I enjoyed it. Not the deepest war film on history but it certainly delivers on giving you the sense of uneasiness of being in that situation. Great action as well and at times graphic in nature.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, muriwai said:

Hi mobe,any comments on the outpost?

Absolutely no idea. I've been wait for the release, and expected others here were interested, so I posted this after I ordered mine. Great cast though, and although I'm unfamiliar with the director, im looking forward to it.