2003. VAF.

Just thought I’d share some pics that a mate sent me. They’re from 2003 when I’d taken delivery of a pair of VAF i93s. In kit form and about $6500. It took a few hours to put together but well worth the time and savings. Don’t think they do this anymore. Pity. IMG_0110.jpgIMG_0111.jpgIMG_0112.jpgIMG_0113.jpgIMG_0114.jpgIMG_0115.jpgIMG_0116.jpgIMG_0118.jpg

Cheers, M

• Like 15

Thats pretty cool!  I wonder how they would sound compared to new ones bought today?

Yeah. I’ve thought about that. I think they’ve improved the mid/ high response somewhat to smooth it all out as they could be a tad hard in the upper freqs. They were a very enjoyable speaker at the time. I’m amazed at how small they seem to me now that I have the Duntechs which tower over me. M

I love that CRT in your pics, reminds me of watching Seinfeld and playing the PS1.
GranTorismo with the VAF playing would of been AWESOME..   

The crt used to sit on the floor not far from my chair and was only used for fta. I had the projector for movies. Looking at the picture with the screen behind me, it looks so small. Maybe it’s the photo but it doesn’t seem as big as I remembered it. I think it was an 82” screen. Huge at the time but not so much now. M

1 hour ago, unclemack said:

The crt used to sit on the floor not far from my chair and was only used for fta. I had the projector for movies. Looking at the picture with the screen behind me, it looks so small. Maybe it’s the photo but it doesn’t seem as big as I remembered it. I think it was an 82” screen. Huge at the time but not so much now. M

Either way, bigger or smaller, your post placed me back into the 90’s with rose coloured glasses. Your screen also reminded me of the 80’s when my step father used to show his 8mm silent movies of his holiday in Disneyland.

Thanks for sharing ?

• Like 1