Woof Woof!

Woof Dog

Hi all, have finally jumped on and signed up after sitting in the background for a little while.

I am from Albany on the south coast of WA and have recently fallen into selling vinyl and a few turntables into our sleepy city. Initially a book store and newsagent the retail challenge has forced a willingness to expand the offering I guess. Have always been a huge music fan in general with a genuine love of vinyl and enjoyed the authentic warmth of sound it gives. 

Whilst I am not even close to being an expert on components or their performance I do enjoy reading what others have to say. Being an ex farmer I guess industrial noise has somewhat taken the edge off my hearing combined with the dreaded passing of time......and that speed metal gig at the Old Melbourne in Perth during 1987 has to take some blame.

There are plenty of retailers on here from what I can see and my joining isn't about selling LP's or turntables, its about learning and offering input when I think it helps the conversation. In saying that though I do have a pretty special Linn LP12 that needs a new home although I will post on that later.

Woof Dog Records is a small shop that has finally given the locals a place to buy some vinyl in a town that hasn't had it available for 25 years. We don't have the biggest range, the cheapest prices or the best advice - What we do have is albums we love and a few turntables to keep things turning while we have a bit of fun....... Here is a full page Ad that went in the local paper for example. Anyway Hi again everybody, its good to be here!

Cheers, Hamish

WOOFipod.jpg.314ccb3a8db18fe45d27c6dcfeed7371.jpg

Gidday Hamish!

I lived in Perth for 16 months in 2012, and I loved the place - if we ever leave Glum City, Perth will be the very first place we retire or simply move to.

Ahhh..WA - who can't handle 8 month long summers, and miles upon mile of deserted, pristine beaches and warm water!  :hug:

Welcome and look forward to your contributions.

23 minutes ago, candyflip said:

Gidday Hamish!

I lived in Perth for 16 months in 2012, and I loved the place - if we ever leave Glum City, Perth will be the very first place we retire or simply move to.

Ahhh..WA - who can't handle 8 month long summers, and miles upon mile of deserted, pristine beaches and warm water!  :hug:

Welcome and look forward to your contributions.

They have a different calender over there :whistle:

But hell yea long hot summers:thumb:

Oh, G'day Woof:)

• Like 1