7.1 Power Amp | Emotiva or Elektra (Aussie)?

Yes the Elektras certainly are heavy. It was an effort to get mine out of the box when I got it and it was only 5 channel.

Maybe I need to go to the gym ūüėä

They talk about burn in time of around 100 hours so you're still to hear improvements even though you seem to be happy with it straight out of the box.

I don't know if I was kidding myself but to me I think mine really hit its stride at 300 hours.

Another great Australian made product.ūüĎć

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Funny that you raise the question of going Elektra or Emotiva.   I was originally going to buy the Emotiva (as I hadn't heard of Elektra until coming on this forum); but upon reading many fa

a couple of years ago I looked again across a few different options imported and local and elektra was yet again a no brainer.   I hope you dont mind me saying this, but in my opinion the el

I'm probably a little biased, being a big Elektra (and Arthur Rappos) fan, but here goes...   I bought an Elektra Theatre 7 channel amp in October 2003, probably one from Arthur's first run

• Moderators

@minireza  hope dont mine me adding here

congrats on the elektra. great video :)

but one thing stood out to me. actually a couple (will post re the projector screen aspect in the projector thread). one potential thing to sort  out please before you do atmos !!! I see you have your seating a long ways back, not far off back wall. my suggestion. take it for what its worth. do consider sitting at the 2/3rd room depth. two things it will benefit your audio hugely ! will make life very easy to place a full atmos 7.1.4 setup with ease leaving plenty of room for everything to breath and also audio wise for you not adding room gain at the back which will mean in calibration will just have to kill the sub. will also benefit sound stage etc putting you more in the action.

anyways congrats again, but I think worth a thought :) 

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, betty boop said:

@minireza  hope dont mine me adding here

congrats on the elektra. great video :)

but one thing stood out to me. actually a couple (will post re the projector screen aspect in the projector thread). one potential thing to sort  out please before you do atmos !!! I see you have your seating a long ways back, not far off back wall. my suggestion. take it for what its worth. do consider sitting at the 2/3rd room depth. two things it will benefit your audio hugely ! will make life very easy to place a full atmos 7.1.4 setup with ease leaving plenty of room for everything to breath and also audio wise for you not adding room gain at the back which will mean in calibration will just have to kill the sub. will also benefit sound stage etc putting you more in the action.

anyways congrats again, but I think worth a thought :) 

Thankyou for your message; the wide angle of the camera warps the distance. Room is 8.3 metres long, I'm seated 5.5-6 metres back, so already taking advantage of the 2/3rds rule. Admittedly I'm on the longer end of it. Have a look at my speaker distances below. I like that I am equidistant between side surround and surround back

20181201_120257.jpg

• Like 1

On 30/11/2018 at 9:43 PM, minireza said:

Look what arrived today!! Just got it setup and now watching Wonderwoman. 

I made a little unboxing video that I'll link once uploaded to YouTube. 

Cheers 

20181130_213056.jpg

20181130_191211.jpg

20181130_191153.jpg

My new amps arrived about a week and a half ago¬†ūüėä

IMG_1124.jpg

IMG_1125.jpg

• Like 3

Minireza - Thanks for posting a video on the Elektra amp. There is such little info about them (not even a company website) so it’s great to see/hear one in action first hand. [emoji106]

1 hour ago, OzJustin said:

Minireza - Thanks for posting a video on the Elektra amp. There is such little info about them (not even a company website) so it’s great to see/hear one in action first hand. emoji106.png

My pleasure - that's the exact reason why I made the video.

Before I buy something, I want to research as much video and or forum content as possible. Lots of information on this forum, but only few photos here and there plus testimonials on the Elektra products.

I really love video/youtube as as a format because it shows so much more to it.

Having now watched 2 movies on the Elektra; I can say that it's made an incredible difference to my system. I'm purposely upgrading things little bit by little bit; it allows me to test each incremental upgrade so I know what's making the most difference (as opposed to just upgrading 10 things at once and not knowing where the gains really were had).

So far, my fantastic subwoofer purchase (Paradigm Sub 2) has made the biggest difference, closely followed by the Elektra. I now understand when people talk about headroom. There is just so much power ready at all times for each individual channel to feed off. Absolutely love that this is Australian too; makes me proud in a weird way! hahah

Can for certain say, that once I get my Dolby Height Channels, I would look to add an Elektra to run them too. Overkill at that point, but justified in performance as far as i'm concerned!

• Like 3
  • Moderators
2 hours ago, minireza said:

CanÔĽŅ for certain say, that once I get my Dolby Height Channels, I would look to add an Elektra to run themÔĽŅ too. Overkill at that point, but justified in performance as far as i'm concerned!

What I ended up doing, for the money $/ch was a no brainer...

• Like 1