SOLD: FS: YAMAHA CD-S2100 AND A-S2100 (LIGHT WOOD FINISH)

SOLD

Item:   Yamaha CD-S2100 SACD Player/DAC and A-S2100 Integrated Amplifier (Light Wood Finish)
Price:     $1,950 for the CD-S2100 SACD Player / DAC
                $2,100 for the A-S2100 Integrated Amplifier

Item Condition:  Excellent
Reason for selling:  I want to try something else
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
Extra Info: 

I am selling my CD-S and A-S2100 setup.  Both these components are excellent in their own right.  The CD-S2100 is both a very good SACD player and a standalone DAC.  It takes Coax, Toslink and USB, where Yamaha has its own proprietary USB interface which I can’t fault, and as a standalone DAC its implementation is done really well.  The A-S2100 amp has a lot of features, although the only one I use is the balanced connection.  It has a full and warm sound, which is a characteristic described in many reviews.  Although the wattage on the specs might seem low it does produce strong power and current.  I’m driving a pair of Dynaudio Special 40’s with it, and it has really good control over the strong mids and bass Dynaudios are known for.  Together the CD-S2100 & A-S2100 are a perfect match, and with the Dynaudios the sound is warm, rich, and clear.  Both components are a joy to look at with precise machining and finish, and the timber sides are a really nice part of the design.

For transparency, I purchased these from another member where the CD-S2100 and A-S2100 were new and factory sealed out of the box when I purchased them (see link for the ad below).  The member I bought them from is the current owner of Eastwood Hifi in Sydney, which is an authorized Yamaha dealer.  He got this gear as promotional collateral and he already had a good setup, so he didn’t need this equipment.  I have the original invoices he gave me, where he said as extra reassurance he will also honor the warranty on both the SACD Player and Integrated Amplifier on top of the factory warranty.  There is over 4 years of warranty left on both components.

The condition of both the A-S2100 and CD-S2100 is perfect and looks new out of the box except for a very small mark on the edge of the side panel of the amp, however you must look very closely to see it. 

I'm selling these as this is one of those hobbies where the want to change things up seems to happen a lot, so I’m looking at trying something new.  I’ve tried a lot of gear in the past including a setup with more than twice the (new rrp) price of this one, and the CD-S / A-S2100 combo gets very close to that.

Link to previous ad:

Pictures:

IMG_0065.jpg

IMG_0054.jpg

IMG_0055.jpg

IMG_0056.jpg

IMG_0066.jpg

IMG_0070.jpg

IMG_0071.jpg

IMG_0072.jpg

IMG_0075.jpg

IMG_0076.jpg

I have both of these, and can re-assure anyone considering buying them, the sound and build quality is incredible.  I read somewhere on this website, the specs are within a micron of Yamaha's 3000 series... which are more than double the price.

Good luck with the sale!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...