SOLD: FS: Matched pair of Telefunken 6922/E88CC tubes - 1968 Gold pins

SOLD

Item: Matched pair of original Telefunken 1968 O-Getter gold pin tubes
Price: $450 including free postage anywhere  within Australia (ie. tubes will be safely packed with an Australia Post tracking number provided and Signature on delivery)
Item Condition: Excellent (see pics below. One tube has some fading on the tube code)
Reason for selling: Need the funds
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Bank Deposit or Paypal (nb. only using Friends and Family payment option)

Extra Info:

These tubes were originally purchased as NOS. I have put a maximum of 200 hours on them and they have only ever been used in my cd player so they have never been driven hard.  Life expectancy is around 8,000-10,000 hours on these tubes.  They are the real deal and have the bottom diamond inscription on the glass (as shown in pics below), O-Getter and gold pins.

The Telefunken 6922/E88CC tubes are becoming harder and harder to source and do not come up for sale very often on Stereonet.  Prices have even gone up to $349 US dollars for just 1 tube!! (eg. https://www.upscaleaudio.com/products/telefunken-e88cc-6922)

They are one of the most sought after 6922/E88CC tubes for good reason. Neutral and very natural sounding with a large soundstage and a flat frequency response is the best way to describe them!

Tube Details and Specs:

Tube 1 code - U3208104  (manufactured in Ulm, West Germany on 23 January, 1968)

Tube 2 code - U2108604  (manufactured in Ulm, West Germany on 12 June, 1968)

Tube measurements using Hickok tube tester when originally purchased:

Please note, new tube measures 10/10

Tube 1 - 10.5/10.5

Tube 2 - 11/11

Pictures:

007.jpg

003.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

004.jpg

002.jpg

Edited by Dokken
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, metal beat said:

These are the the best 6922 tubes you can buy. 

My last pair were still going strong at 16,000 hours - a bit soft at both extremes thou vs a newer pair.

You like them eh? I have not heard any better than the Phillips SQ (they slay Siemens A frame) but I am yet to hear Telefunken. Good pick up from Dokken, natures gentleman!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Darren69 said:

You like them eh? I have not heard any better than the Phillips SQ (they slay Siemens A frame) but I am yet to hear Telefunken. Good pick up from Dokken, natures gentleman!!

Simply better in my opinion Darren, they tell you more of the truth in a better way.  They polish the mirror and some how iron out your wrinkles at the same time. My only pair died, been a bit rich for my blood to replace, very, very good things.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Darren69 said:

Yea gone thru plenty, including the Philips.   Telefunken r the best imo. As mentioned above - they are a clean window onto the music and last forever.   Touch wood!!

I just bought a new pair, then these came up I don't need them, but they are bloody expensive now  -  so will go into the vault for when the new ones get old.

Edited by metal beat
  • Like 1