rantan

is there or can there be restrictions on the amount of sequential likes.

I was curious if there is  a restriction on an individual making so many likes in a thread that an entire page/s of forum activity is largely taken up by them. To be clear, I am not enquiring about multiple likes for a particular post but "consecutive" likes by one person for different posts in the same thread. It is no big deal but I was/am curious.

Thanks for any insight to this.

Edited by rantan

Why?

image.png.5b481ca5e730371e9143d4966da079d2.png

image.png.679a56fd556d04fdb26a7d0ce5b21fc8.png

No limit I can see :)

Edited by rocky500

12 minutes ago, candyflip said:

Why?

Merely a question to something I was unsure about and in the interest of harmony I won't elaborate.😀

Edited by rantan

Do likes take up space?  I thought they were immaterial.

Not sure what you mean - if I see a post that has 25 likes on it, all it shows is the little thumbs up icon with the number of likes next to it - takes up no space at all, unlike smartypants @rocky500 !!!

19 minutes ago, Hydrology said:

Not sure what you mean - if I see a post that has 25 likes on it, all it shows is the little thumbs up icon with the number of likes next to it - takes up no space at all, unlike smartypants @rocky500 !!!

Hehe... Its just that rantan left the door wide open on that one, sorry rantan.

I like giving likes to peoples posts that are well put together or are interesting to me or similar opinion without having to get involved (drawn in) to the discussion itself. eg. Like the power cable threads. :-)

I think it can show support for someones post too, a acknowledgement.

Edited by rocky500

2 hours ago, rantan said:

I was curious if there is  a restriction on an individual making so many likes in a thread that an entire page/s of forum activity is largely taken up by them. To be clear, I am not enquiring about multiple likes for a particular post but "consecutive" likes by one person for different posts in the same thread. It is no big deal but I was/am curious.

Thanks for any insight to this.

this is probably pretty normal for threads like Just Spinning.  not unusual for me sometimes to like almost every post in just spinning on a page - sometimes I like none.

do I get some sort of bonus for giving out lots of likes?   please tell me yes and what do I get 😜

btw - how does one even track if someone does this    you stalking people again? :)

We need an ennui thread button to click for when ennui strikes. That could prove beneficial.

All good people, no problem here just a curiosity that has been answered. Mods feel free to close this thread.

Cheers.

At your request..... 🙏