sloper

Sad tale of lost post.

That was the last in existence, no more, zilch, nona.

Sent full tracking and such through EMS

GRRRRRRR

regards Bruce

Aah, very sad, slopes.  :(

But even if DeutchesPost hadn't pulverised it ... once it got to Oz - there's no guarantee that our great Australia Post would've actually delivered it to you!  :o

I sent my Benz LP cart to the UK for a re-tip, in about Oct last year.  This is a $5K cart.  The UK company did the re-tip and (from previous experience with them) they would've done a great job.  But they sent it back via Royal Mail (rather than using, say, FedEx) and OzPost "lost" it.  IOW, as far as they are concerned, they delivered it (that's what their courier registered) - but:

a. I wasn't home that day, and

b. I had a "Hold the Mail" order in force for that day (as I was away on holiday).  So they shouldn't have even tried to deliver it.

I am still trying to get full recompense for the value of that Benz LP.  As I've just gone to the "Postal Industry Ombudsman", I'm hoping that now I will be able to do this.

I guess the moral of this story is ... most - if not all - Postal systems are useless!  :(

Andy

1 hour ago, andyr said:

I guess the moral of this story is ... most - if not all - Postal systems are useless!  :(

Andy

Sorry to hear of the loss of the NOS volume pot for the Sansui - not good at all.

Andy's conclusion is  not far wrong re: postal systems. I purchased an LP recently that started a two month journey to here from the USA. It then went on a trip through:

1. Texas (start of trip)

2. Miami

3. Cayman Islands

4. Miami

5. London UK

6. New York

7. Miami

8. Melbourne AUS (end of trip)

The delivery address was correct and very clearly labeled. LP was package extremely well so survived the journey fortunately - couldn't fault the seller. Too bad about the postal system.  :(

Fortunately I was able to track its progress - it was sort of entertaining in a perverse sort of way to find out where it was off to next.

Richard

I have had hundreds of items successfully sent & delivered here without fail; but I may just have been lucky. I know it can only take one apple to upset the apple cart, and the pain is even more acute when the item lost is rare or expensive. I have also lived in Seff Efrikar where the the postal service could best be described as post lotto. 

8 minutes ago, PicoWattson said:

I have had hundreds of items successfully sent & delivered here without fail; but I may just have been lucky. I know it can only take one apple to upset the apple cart, and the pain is even more acute when the item lost is rare or expensive. I have also lived in Seff Efrikar where the the postal service could best be described as post lotto. 

Yep, post lotto....doesn't get more accurate than that. Provided the lotto's running that day and not on strike! :P 

Sorry to hear about the loss sloper, that is really crap, unfortunate and unnecessary. If ever in some fortunate circumstances see something on an AU-717 volume pot, I'll be sure to let you know. 

I feel also for the seller that probably did everything right and was not a contributor to the outcome.

On 07/12/2018 at 12:49 AM, A J said:

I feel also for the seller that probably did everything right and was not a contributor to the outcome.

Yes, he did everything to help.

l hope to use him again for parts.

regards Bruce

I recently had something sent from the US and it took over 2 months to get here. Turns out it was redirected to Germany and had a holiday there, but it eventually showed up.