SOLD: Sony CDP-101

SOLD

Item:  Sony CDP-101 CD Player
Price: $10, pickup only from 3049
Item Condition: Jurassic
Reason for selling: Paper Weight
Payment Method: Pickup - COD Only
Extra Info: I bought this from a Cash Converters for $150 as working.  It wasn't.  The tray was laboured moving in and out.  I found a service center named "Trevor  Lees", and I took the player there.  After a few weeks, the player was returned to me.  I paid just under $200 for the repair.  I can now confidentially say that the unit will NOT catch on fire when powered on.  That's all.

This is my first attempted sale on SNA.  Not a good introduction really.

Sorry.

Pictures:image.thumb.jpeg.2dbace6873b3fcac3ad19d74531f4a97.jpeg20181029_230906.thumb.jpg.2f8a9de1e3e5dec57f451368740fd3df.jpg

• Like 3

I don't suppose you have the remote control?  I'd be willing to pay a bit for that! My CDP-101 skips a bit after a while, but I am reluctant to pay for a service as I think it may have had its day.  At least yours has the 'It's a Sony' sticker - I really wanted a player with that still intact.  It's a bummer that you've spent so much on this.

Don’t undersell the unit Macbeth. This is the first commercially available CD player of all time. As such an important piece of history and an engineering accomplishment that took a huge amount of people way more clever than me to design. I am still constantly amazed that we can listen to music from a shiny disc. Worth $10 just as a conversation piece. Sorry to here you gor screwed twice along the way.

• Like 3