Sign in to follow this  
MarsofMars

Best Bookshelf speakers to use with vintage Sansui Au 2900

Hey all,

So, got the Sansui Au 2900 blasting nicely, trouble is we're now changing config of our living room and sadly my old Philips tower speakers have to go and need a MUCH smaller set up - ie bookshelf...

so I'll be replacing them with either:

Q Acoustics Q3020i

Sonus Faber Chameleon B

B&W 685 S2 or B&W 686 S2

KEF Q350

POLK Signature S20

Pro-Ject Speaker Box 5

OR....

Any suggestions from the audiophile community? I know I won't get anywhere near the same depth of low end that I currently get with the old floors (twin woofers), but I'd like something that will complement the Sansui and still give me a little bit of punch in a small package... help please?

Hi, at this price point I would go with Osborn F1. 

Oh I'll have to check them out! I always thought that Osborn's were mega bucks super high end stuff... but it looks as if the F1s are right up my alley, thanks for the tip!

Hey all - TOPIC UPDATE!  As it happens a mate decided he wanted to clean out his garage and insisted that I take his old speakers, since they were free I thought I'd give them a try... they are a set of Polk Monitor 50s in fairly good nick. I've hooked them up to the Sansui 2900 and they actually sound OK... so I know they're floor standing - but they are a lot slimmer than my vintage Philips set - and I know that they're quite bottom of the range in the scheme of things, but I think they will do until a time that I can both afford AND make my mind up about what I actually want.

In the meantime I'll take a snap of the old speakers and start a new thread to see if anyone can help me identify them...

Cheers!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Classifieds Statistics

Currently Active Ads

Total Sales (Since 2018)

Total Sales Value (Last 14 Days)

Total Ads Value (Since March 2020)
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By pdcoo7
      Item Condition: Used Shipping Options: Pickup is available Suburb or Town: Mosman State: New South Wales Payment Method: PayPal +3% or as friend, COD, DD Reason for selling: No longer using Further information: 
      brilliant sound from these beautifully crafted speakers.
      Please look at photos carefully as one has been met with a slight mishap(not on my watch). Thankfully such is the beauty of the cabinets, that the damage is not noticeable unless your right up close.
      Drivers in perfect condition and functioning perfectly.
      Preference given to local buyer that can pick up.
      I will include the timber spikes and plates which help with reducing any resonance when placed on a cabinet as I had them.

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

• By Cono28
      Price: $450 Item Condition: Excellent Shipping Options: Pickup is available,Audition is not available, but in-person pickup can be arranged with limited personal contact Suburb or Town: Maribyrnong 3032 State: Victoria Payment Method: Paypal, bank Transfer. Reason for selling: NLR Further information:  A Great performer for desk top or small room listening , the pair of speaker stand  can be added with extra  $50. 

• By Rolland
      Price: $350 Item Condition: Excellent Condition Shipping Options: Pickup is available,Audition is not available, but in-person pickup can be arranged with limited personal contact Suburb or Town: BELLEVUE State: Western Australia Payment Method: PayPal, Cash on pickup Reason for selling: Upgraded to the polk s50 floorstanding speakers for the second room Further information: 

Selling my Set of Polk Audio Signature S20 Bookshelf Speakers which I have had for nearly almost a year and they have performed flawlessly in the time I have had them, they sound very nice with nice clear treble and mids and very good lows for a bookshelf speaker thanks to the power port. These speakers were used as my front speakers for a second room set up. I'm mainly selling these because I have moved up to the s50 floorstanding speakers in the Polk Signature range.

• By Eskay
      Price: $3200 Item Condition: As new Shipping Options: Pickup is available,Audition is not available, but in-person pickup can be arranged with limited personal contact,I can ship this item Suburb or Town: Bentleigh State: Victoria Payment Method: EFT,Cash on pickup Reason for selling: Not required
      Extra Info:
      I purchased these speakers brand new with their dedicated stands from an authorised dealer approx 8 weeks ago and after extensive listening I have decided to keep my Quad floorstanders. 

The speakers come with all paperwork and warranty and are in as new condition.
      Current cost is  for the speakers is $3995 and the stands are $895, So I am offering them at a substantial discount. 

Happy to demo for genuine interested buyers and happy to ship at cost and risk.

• By denimhunter
      Item:         Fostex NF1 bookshelf speakers
      Price:        $600
      Item Condition: Excellent
      Reason for selling: surplus
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info:

Fostex are renowned for their full range and speaker drivers. They also make a series of quality professional monitors. Using banana pulp driver this is a pair of high quality bookshelf spekers. Made in Japan RRP $1,800.

Bought new from former Audiophile in Fitzroy. It was for used in office so only been played very lightly. In excellent condition.

Pictures: