Sign in to follow this  
Chesty

Samsung QLED Price Drop

Just a heads up, the Samsung QLED range will be getting a price drop early November for anyone that is interested. 

Will be worth waiting a few weeks....

That I don’t know....only that they will be cheaper than they are now and it’s a factory price drop across the range.

15 hours ago, Musician said:

Cool, but would it get cheaper than oled ?

It’s already cheaper than Oled in EU, I would assume same will happen elsewhere shortly, but than Oled guys might do the same 😀

On 28/10/2018 at 11:59 PM, kukynas said:

It’s already cheaper than Oled in EU, I would assume same will happen elsewhere shortly, but than Oled guys might do the same 😀

I doubt oleds will drop much more this year. I work for a retailer and the cost price for LG oleds is rather high compared to the sale price especially when compared to QLED which has a much larger gap. Samsung's high end Qleds will very likely receive a price cut to try undercut OLED but I doubt the Oleds will drop further. Gross profit would be too low for the retail channels.

Bottom price for 55" OLED seems to be about $1700 (give or take $100) based on clearance prices of 2017 models and the most recent large discounts on 2018 models.

I think Samsung really priced themselves out of the market with their Q8 and Q9 models, a price drop across the range is a smart move.