Gieseler Audio

Dune HD PRO 4K media player

I’ve just purchased one of these & fired it up last night - very impressive.

Previously I was using a Oppo 95 to play my large large collection of archived blue ray iso’s but unfortunately it died.

After a lot of researching I settled on the Dune & brought it from a Aust distributor - Jay Vee Technologies - great to deal with & only $385 delivered.

https://jayvee.com.au/shop/item/dune-hd-pro-4k

The Dune is a dream to use & plays virtually anything including my SACD iso images.

Good review here.

https://www.nikktech.com/main/articles/media-players/8905-dune-hd-pro-4k-premium-compact-media-player-review

Anyone one else using one?

I used to use Dune back in the day and moved to Roku, currently use Oppo 105.

Might get a 4K tv and look at Dune again.

It was a player that playing anything and everything but didn’t have Plex at the time.

On 28/10/2018 at 6:31 AM, Gieseler Audio said:

I’ve just purchased one of these & fired it up last night - very impressive.

Previously I was using a Oppo 95 to play my large large collection of archived blue ray iso’s but unfortunately it died.

After a lot of researching I settled on the Dune & brought it from a Aust distributor - Jay Vee Technologies - great to deal with & only $385 delivered.

https://jayvee.com.au/shop/item/dune-hd-pro-4k

The Dune is a dream to use & plays virtually anything including my SACD iso images.

Good review here.

https://www.nikktech.com/main/articles/media-players/8905-dune-hd-pro-4k-premium-compact-media-player-review

Anyone one else using one?

Curious on the performance... Does it play dsf and dff files?

How is the video performance on things like UHD sized files?

Tried countless devices to get an all in one device, have you found any limitations or files it won't play?

I only tried Blu-ray iso 's & DVD iso's & both played back perfectly.

Video performance was very good.

There is a good AVS forum thread here which has lots of info.

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/39-networking-media-servers-content-streaming/2938740-dune-hd-pro-4k-ultra-thread-116.html

OK looks like it's another all promise no deliver... Pity on paper it looks good, but has way too many problems. Pity Mede8er don't have a 4K player to replace the aging 1000.

I just ordered the DUNE HD Pro 4k plus.... I did not know there was a premium too. Does the Premium come with Kodi installed? I originally had a Pro 4k on the way which did, but it was lost in the mail so I grabbed a plus. Does anyone know if the plus also comes with Kodi installed?

On 26/02/2019 at 10:30 AM, ellisr63 said:

I just ordered the DUNE HD Pro 4k plus.... I did not know there was a premium too. Does the Premium come with Kodi installed? I originally had a Pro 4k on the way which did, but it was lost in the mail so I grabbed a plus. Does anyone know if the plus also comes with Kodi installed?

They do about half a dozen different models scaling up to well over $1000.

Can I ask where to get a Dune HD 4k plus. I want my HDD media box to have an inbuilt HDD. Thanks

Posted (edited)
On 15/04/2019 at 1:36 PM, thunder 99 said:

Can I ask where to get a Dune HD 4k plus. I want my HDD media box to have an inbuilt HDD. Thanks

I'm a dune dealer shoot me a PM any time.

Update: Just chatting to rep. They are only bringing in the entry level unit at present with some Pro 4K PLus and Base 4K coming next month in limited numbers.

here's the PDF of all the models and comparisons between them. 5 models in the range. the 2nd one up will be $585 RRP and the Base 4K being $879 RRP.

I'm surprised there isn't more talk about these too.. Are people simply going off avs? 

I currently have the zappiti which is ok, but the projector remotes all take the zappiti off pause or fast forward it a chapter etc, really annoying. I don't remember having any of those issues with the Dune when I last had one.

DuneHD_Pro4K_Pro4KPlus_Base4K_Max4K_Ultra4K.pdf

Edited by oztheatre

I've blown way too much money on devices that "should" have worked, I think I would want to see one work flawlessly before I fork out any more cash on one of these media devices.