SOLD: FS: Lenahan 2 way floor standers.

SOLD

Item: Lenahan loudspeakers 
Price: 400
Item Condition: Very good condition. 
Reason for selling:Not needed
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
Extra Info: I bought these 2Nd hand. They are apparently 8 years old and were a one off build for Caxton audio. Apparently Mike did a number of one off builds. Dave at Caxton verified them as Lenahan as they do not have any identification on them. The drivers are Vifa models P17wj0008 and d27tg05. Both speakers in working order. 

Pictures:

DSC_0098.JPG

DSC_0097.JPG

DSC_0096.JPG

• Like 1

Guest scumbag
43 minutes ago, BATMAQN said:

Perhaps the man himself could chime in and say something about these?

@Lenehan Audio

A 2 way tower with a Vifa P17 mid woofer, I'd assume system sensitivity about 88d/w/m impedance about 6ohms minimum, extension might be around 40hz F3 - at a guess. These speakers will not sound like ML1's but they have been "breathed upon" by Mike. The enclosures and paint job alone far exceeds the asking price.

7 minutes ago, scumbag said:

A 2 way tower with a Vifa P17 mid woofer, I'd assume system sensitivity about 88d/w/m impedance about 6ohms minimum, extension might be around 40hz F3 - at a guess. These speakers will not sound like ML1's but they have been "breathed upon" by Mike. The enclosures and paint job alone far exceeds the asking price.

You da man!!

1 hour ago, scumbag said:

What type of coloration would they have Mark? or any ideas how they would sound?

Guest scumbag
19 minutes ago, Wimbo said:

What type of coloration would they have Mark? or any ideas how they would sound?

That's not really a discussion I want to have inside a classified. All I can say is that the Jaycar JV90 kit which used 2 of the Vifa P17's in parallel was a good sounding speaker from memory of having heard them in their store. Again, this was produced by ML so I can't imagine he'd make a bad sounding speaker! 

Hi Guys. Wow ! I do remember building some one off 2 ways for Dave early on .

All I can say is the drivers are good even by today’s standards , enclosure construction is certainly ahead of normal production speakers but not up to what’s happening now of course.
These were before I was doing the PRC Xovers but their still ahead normal prod stuff . Handwound 12awg coils .
Honestly though $400 !! Flamin grab em [emoji847]. Cheers. Mike

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, scumbag said:

That's not really a discussion I want to have inside a classified. All I can say is that the Jaycar JV90 kit which used 2 of the Vifa P17's in parallel was a good sounding speaker from memory of having heard them in their store. Again, this was produced by ML so I can't imagine he'd make a bad sounding speaker! 

True. Unknown speaker and not enough info for me. Thats why I asked.