vivianbl

Impact of using Solar power on audio equipment and sound quality

2 hours ago, rawl99 said:

Whether you worry about it or not I figure depends upon whether you can hear it or not.

Cant help you with such a recording; sorry.

I haven't noticed any apparent issues from solar inverter hash with my own equipment.  And, as I've said, I'm not aware of any recording on the net that illustrates it.  At this point in time, solar inverter hash is not on my radar as an active concern.

People in rural communities using off-grid power exclusively could presumably be at greater risk as in some cases 100% of their power will come from an inverter (using batteries charged using photo-voltaic arrays and/or wind turbines, possibly supplemented by a petrol or diesel generator).  

Edited by MLXXX

42 minutes ago, MLXXX said:

I haven't noticed any apparent issues from solar inverter hash with my own equipment.  And, as I've said, I'm not aware of any recording on the net that illustrates it.  At this point in time, solar inverter hash is not on my radar as an active concern.

People in rural communities using off-grid power exclusively could presumably be at greater risk as in some cases 100% of their power will come from an inverter (using batteries charged using photo-voltaic arrays and/or wind turbines, possibly supplemented by a petrol or diesel generator).  

I will say then that I think you are blessed with good fortune.

With off-grid situations the problem in determining whether the hash is detrimental is that you have no grid feed to compare the performance with.  So ya get what ya get.

On 12/02/2019 at 3:45 PM, MLXXX said:

... I find it annoying that the kitchen microwave oven when operating stops my wi-fi from working properly, actually causing the connection to drop out, even though the wi-fi devices are quite some distance from the kitchen.  ...

On 16/02/2019 at 8:17 PM, Muon N' said:

Doesn't that only effect 2.4GHz, if so switch it to 5GHz if the devices are compatible.

Edit: 2.450 MHz actually after a quick check.

https://bethesignal.com/wp/2017/02/why-do-microwave-ovens-operate-at-2-45-ghz/

The wireless router is a few years old and the highest band it is capable of operating in is the 2.4GHz band.