It's been too long!

Greetings  to all.

Here is my back story,and hopefully it will not bore the hell out of you all.

I have always had a huge love for music and Hifi gear in general,in fact the last time i went through my record collection (which was a long time ago) i counted over 2,500 chunks of vinyl and then there is also heaps of Cd's.I have also been lucky enough or unlucky (still not sure myself) to own the following gear.

1.Audiolab 8000c and 8000p ....good but clinical me thinks?

2.old spendor sp2 speakers,then went to mission 753's, jamo 507's in a home theater set up and so on.

3.Rega B3 and a lin lp12 that i still have and i think are both still working.Everything in still in storage.

And finally a marantz cd 72 mkii se cd player, plus other stuff which i wont bore you all with.

This i think was the last peace of good,or at least good back in the day gear i bought, now all 20 plus years old.

So like my title says, IT'S BEEN TO LONG....... to be without some decent audio gear. Now after a long hiatus (due to other commitments) i am ready to go down the rabbit hole again.Looking to get my first valve amp as the bedrock for my new system possibly, the primaluna dialogue premium integrated amplifier then add speakers (looking at focal as a brand) and so on.

Thus this is why i am here,because I've been out of the hifi world for to long and the old grey mater is not what it use to be,and any and all advice would greatly appreciate.

I'm looking forward to having Many a chat with all forum members.

Regards and all the best

jimbo.

Hi Jimbo, 

I know Focal speakers a little bit. I like Aria 926 $4000 but I prefer Aria 936 $5000. The next step would be Kanta no2 $14700 or bookshelvs Sopra no1 $12500 or upcoming soon Kanta no1 $8800. 

It's very unlikely that you find any of those above second hand or even a demo. The most popular amps for focals are Musical Fidelity, Naim and Parasound. 

Luckily you are in Melbourne so you can visit Greg Osborn, his speakers are based on focal drivers, really worth to audition. 

Have fun. 

31 minutes ago, Snoopy8 said:

:welcome: back into the ever wider and deeper rabbit hole.  ?

Thank you snoopy8,yes back in and hopefully i will have something by xmas. Need to find some spare time and hit the stores,here in Melbourne to do auditioning and get some more advice.

21 minutes ago, Irek said:

Hi Jimbo, 

I know Focal speakers a little bit. I like Aria 926 $4000 but I prefer Aria 936 $5000. The next step would be Kanta no2 $14700 or bookshelvs Sopra no1 $12500 or upcoming soon Kanta no1 $8800. 

It's very unlikely that you find any of those above second hand or even a demo. The most popular amps for focals are Musical Fidelity, Naim and Parasound. 

Luckily you are in Melbourne so you can visit Greg Osborn, his speakers are based on focal drivers, really worth to audition. 

Have fun. 

Thank you Irek.I totally forgot about Osborn speakers,i once many moons ago listened to a set of  his speakers at some hifi show and was quite impressed.Again thanks for reminding me,like i said in my intro i have been out of the scene for too long.

welcome Jimbo, was at the hi-fi show recently, VAF speakers were mighty impressive, i would definitely put these on your audition list, but, i would take everything out of storage and set it up meticulously, have a good listen to see where you are headed..............

......................

o