HIgh signal strength low quality from Opticomm Fibre service

I have Opticomm fibre which also carries RF signal to the home.. When I plug the wall plug connection to my TV I get all channels perfect.. but on my set top box (Fetch tv), I only get channel 44 (local) .. the channels dont even seem to register when scanning apart from 44.. yet pull the RF from that back to the TV all is fine..  I know the quality is low 0-20% but the signal strength is 80% average .. what do I do?

IMAG0167[1].jpg

Hmmm...

What does the strength/quality register as on the TV (assuming the TV will tell you)?

Can you pick up TV at all (even "not great") with a cheap rabbit ears antenna? .... if so, do you get equivalent performance between your TV and the fetch box using a rabbit ears?  (this might tell us if it is something specific about the opticomm RF that the fetch doesn't like ).

Otherwise you could call Opticomm, although I suspect if you explain that your TV works fine and the fetch doesn't then that will be the end of the story as far as they are concerned.

Otherwise, a TV antenna person, will be able to put a meter on it, and see what is really coming out of it (and recommend whether you should "blame the fetch" or not).

On 25/10/2018 at 3:58 PM, wedge said:

I have Opticomm fibre which also carries RF signal to the home.. When I plug the wall plug connection to my TV I get all channels perfect.. but on my set top box (Fetch tv), I only get channel 44 (local) .. the channels dont even seem to register when scanning apart from 44.. yet pull the RF from that back to the TV all is fine..  I know the quality is low 0-20% but the signal strength is 80% average .. what do I do?

IMAG0167[1].jpg

Ours is the opposite. Signal strength is about where yours is but signal quality is almost at the top, yet as soon as humidity gets to 75% or higher we loose all channels:(