SOLD: FS: Two Magnificent Turntables!

SOLD

Item: Transcriptor Hydraulic Reference Turntable (mint condition) and Denon DP-59L Turntable (also mint)
Price:  Both decks now SOLD.
Item Condition: Excellent
Reason for selling: Lovely collectable items, but can't hang onto everything. :(
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
Extra Info: see below

For sale are two magnificent turntables from a by-gone era of Golden Hi-Fi. Firstly, a beautifully preserved Transcriptor Hydraulic Reference turntable from England in original museum quality condition both cosmetically and in good working order, and with all the accoutrements (bells and whistles). This is the deck that started the craze for hi-end turntables worldwide (the precursor to the Michel Gyrodec, Linns etc).  The Transcriptor is an iconic piece of hi-fi and was featured in the cult movie "A Clockwork Orange", it is hand built in the best British tradition with every metal piece meticulously cut on a manual lathe. It is in perfect condition including crystal clear perspex lid, includes the horse-hair stylus & record cleaners and a balanced down force pressure gauge. Even the 18 carat gold plating on the record support pods are untarnished and look jewelry like, amazing. It includes the original Hydraulic Reference Tonearm (the arm tower is filled with hydraulic fluid to dampen arm resonances). The deck originally belonged to a Doctor who brought it out from England with him - it spent 10 yrs under the bed, unused. The deck has since mainly been in storage since, so has had very little use over in the intervening years. Suffice to say it spins and works perfectly. You may never find another Transcriptor in this condition with all the accessories intact, truly a piece of audio history. I would rate the sound of the Transcriptor Hydraulic Reference turntable and arm to be pretty respectable, probably similar to that of an older Linn Sondek turntable (before the usual upgrades) or a Thorens TD-160. *This Transcriptor needs to go to the home of an audiophile collector , someone like  @demmauhong 'David' or @palexsiaetc on Stereonet ...to be appreciated and cherished for many years to come.

The second deck on offer is a Denon DP-59L direct drive turntable from Japan. It is in near perfect cosmetic and working condition other than some minor wear and tear. This deck spins with deadly accuracy and sounds fabulous, similar to my in-use Technics SP-10 Mk II, to be quite honest. The Denon Servo Tracer Tonearm is very good and flies under the radar of audiophile pretensions. The arm contains tiny gears controlled by servo circuitry to iron out vibrations and dampen resonances, it's sound quality is at least the equal of something like the Rega RB300, maybe better. This particular DP-59L came from a German couple who brought it with them to Perth when they immigrated. Both the Denon and Transcriptor run on 240v mains voltage.

The sale does not include the cartridges shown or the gold TT Weights USA 400gm disc clamp. The price of both turntables reflects their superb condition.

Perth buyers are welcome to audition the units in my home and the turntables can be shipped Australia wide at cost, though I would prefer a local buyer as they will be difficult to pack.

Regards,

Steve.

DSC_0164 (1280x848).jpg

DSC_0206.JPG

DSC_0213 (1280x848).jpg

DSC_0171 (1280x848).jpg

DSC_0178 (1280x848).jpg

DSC_0179 (1280x848).jpg

DSC_0187 (1280x848).jpg

DSC_0205 (1280x848).jpg

DSC_0199 (1280x848).jpg

DSC_0201 (1280x848).jpg

DSC_0202 (1280x848).jpg

DSC_0119 (1280x848).jpg

DSC_0124 (1280x848).jpg

DSC_0137 (1280x848).jpg

DSC_0139 (1280x848) (2).jpg

DSC_0147 (1280x848).jpg

DSC_0155 (1280x848) (2).jpg

DP59L Arm2.jpg

DP59L Servo Arm.jpg

DP59L Servo Motor.jpg

DP59L Servo Motor2.jpg

Edited by Steve M
  • Like 13

welly welly welly wow - I've heard and even read on well known hifi shop facebook pages that the Gyrotech is the clockwork Orange deck but this is the real deal - a real collectors and centre piece.

... just spin some Ludwig Van and trundle off to the milk bar. Good Luck!

• Like 1

If you were willing to ship, I'd jump on the Transcriptor too. Seriously, I'm in negotiations with someone overseas for one.

Actually, I'll fly over if that helps.

Edited by t_mike
I want a transcriptor.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thank you for all your kind words and interest. Both turntables are now SOLD pending payment.

*I will take this opportunity to plug my other For Sale advt for the Supratek Cabernet DHT valve preamp which is still available ...price now reduced to $2750.

See here: