Sign in to follow this  
KiZ

Vintage WM-3 Sony walkman - score of a life time

Just wanted to share this vintage score with you all. I picked it up a few months back from a local op shop. After importing new headphone foams and a belt kit, she's literally as good as new!

The sound is decent, but obviously nothing to write home about! Definitely was the dawn of an era though!

There is not a single thing missing from this original box, and the whole unit is barely run in. Matching serial numbers, the demo tape and instructions and warranty info are all still sealed, even the little piece of foam that goes over the tape head from factory is there!! This one is a keeper!!215700a37f4aa38d915058c7276c8295.jpg55830c2de0d0ccd44ea1cb0990453344.jpg12ab42b6422f70ab37ab56ee4d23a14c.jpg1fa5815c2f5f478b4c4cbe0db982a73d.jpg837e916ee99da3aaaeccc3935aaa502c.jpga1b46c558ad70acec8209157fe5ee336.jpg970eec7595f5bf09f5c0289b391abd45.jpgf7994c49a436a928d821e3c31f9fad4f.jpgd59d9a92cd531faa80e0947aaa8499dc.jpg

was this the model where the radio module went in where the cassettes go?

I was having a clean out the other day and found these.  Both seem to work but require new belts, not that I'd ever bother using them again.

DSC05009 (Medium).JPG

DSC05010 (Medium).JPG

DSC05474 (Medium).JPG

DSC05476 (Medium).JPG

DSC05475 (Medium).JPG

I have an FX-43 that still works, but was never that good because the heads were never properly aligned and there didn't seem to be an adjustment for them. If anyone can point me to an adjustment, I'd be most grateful!

was this the model where the radio module went in where the cassettes go?
Too early for that. This was only the second model they ever released. A revision of the TPS-L2, almost identical on the outside, bar colour.

So much awesome in this thread! Nice post and a great trip down memory lane. 

Great thread.  I showed it to my wife because I loved the photos and the find story, and she told me she wants one and for me to find it.  As if!

Great thread.  I showed it to my wife because I loved the photos and the find story, and she told me she wants one and for me to find it.  As if!
Thanks Static. I was a little reluctant to share, as I wasnt that sure anyone else would be as excited as I am about it!! Glad it could make someone's day... and you never know what you'll find out in the wild ;-)

I saw some nice little Aaron speakers yesterday at a garage sale, but I have speakers galore. Still looking.