Sign in to follow this  
Janjuc

"New" Hana M Deluxe MC Cartridge

Hi All,

Just having a look at the Krispy Audio site and saw a higher level Hana Cartridge, $1795, available 27 November 18. Some info below for those who have not read about it yet.

Available in high and low output versions, this new M Deluxe model delivers advanced materials and higher specifications. 
M Series Nude Microline stylus – Higher Specification Part 
Befitting its name, the M Series uses a Nude Microline stylus, mimicking the cutting stylus and fitting more precisely into the vinyl groove. This enhances tracking to capture the most delicate musical details with better frequency reproduction, stereo imaging, and resolution. 

High Purity copper wire – Higher Specification Part 
Very high-purity copper wire is used for winding the M Series moving coils, offering greater clarity of sound for both low output ML and high output MH models. The ML features a new low impedance generator for optimised performance with a broader range of phono preamps 

Delrin© cartridge body – Advanced Materials 
The M Series cartridge body is injection molded from Delrin©, a high tech polymer with improved mechanical characteristics for better resonance damping, to reveal more low level information and enhance dynamic range. 

Cryogenic Processing - Unique Technical Treatment 
Cryogenic processing is Cold Annealing at near absolute zero temperature that restructures metals at the molecular level. Especially important in the Alnico based magnetic electro-motive circuit (cartridge signal generator). The M Series parts treated include the front yoke as well as center and rear components. The result is a more precise and controlled magnetic flux field for greater linearity and musical sound quality. 

Threaded fittings and Brass Cap - Superior Mechanical Interface 
Built into the M Series Delrin© cartridge body are metal threaded fittings for headshell mounting hardware, offering easier attachment and a superior mechanical interface for better bass and dynamics. 

The Delrin© cartridge body also features an integral machined brass cap providing constrained mode layer damping and its heavier 9.5 gram weight provides expanded compatibility with a wider range of tonearms and turntables.

JJ

Edited by Janjuc

I’ve read stacks of great things about the Sl.  I’m keen to get one.  I look forward to hear8ngbreview of this series!  

Umm, looks great.  Who’s going to purchase first and review?

1 hour ago, Demondes said:

Umm, looks great.  Who’s going to purchase first and review?

...and they can then sell me their "lightly used" SL.....

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By denimhunter
      Item:         AUDIONOTE io mc cartridge
      Price:        $3,200
      Item Condition: excellent
      Reason for selling: surplus
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info:

An early example of Audio Note-Kondo io mc phono cartridge. 
      I purchased this from Japan and had the cartridge checked and retipped by ANA Mighty sound in France.  Retipped with Van del haul stylus.  Damper have been checked and suspension rebuilt.  

So this is literally a New cartridge.
      Played for about 10 hours for testing since rebuilt.  They are quite rare and hardly come up for sale.  The cost of the rebuilt alone is in excess of $2000.
      I have quite a few cartridges so just have to let go some to better home.

Known as one of the best low output mc cartridge designed by Kondo san.  Output 0.1 mv with 1 ohm impedance so will work with a minimum of x30 step up ratio and high gain phono stage.

ANA mighty sound is highly reputable cartridge repairer and builder in France.
      Their Sculpture A3 cartridges were used by Thomas Schick, Frank Schroeder in Sibatone (western electric), Vitus and Thrax demo rooms among others in the recent 2019 Munich high end show.

Additional info for those interested:
      http://anamightysound.com/
      https://www.tonepublications.com/analogaholic/ana-mighty-sound/

François from Ana mighty have repaired and rebuilt Koetsu and SPU for me previously.  They are always careful to ensure the original sound signature of the cartridge design are retained, especially for the classics like koetsu and AN/Kondo.

Photos:

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.
    • By Dubbase_909
      Item: Dynavector DV-XX2MKII MC Phono Cartridge
      Price: $1400
      Item Condition: Excellent <100hrs of use
      Reason for selling: Change of circumstances, moving away from vinyl
      Extra Info: Postage will be around $10 - 15

Dynavector cartridges rarely appear for sale.  Once you've made the purchase, selected the house sound, theres little reason to upgrade.  Thats how good they are.

To give absolute confidence that the MC Cartridge is as good as mentioned, I have taken multiple high-resolution photo's.  The lens attached to the camera, does not let me get closer images.  The cartridge was fitted to a turntable for about a year, I spent most of that year travelling interstate and international, so little use.  The 100hours stated is more for the time that the cartridge was fitted to the turntable, than for playing records.  The cartridge serial number is within 363 of the last one sold on Stereonet.  I purchased the cartridge whilst travelling internationally.

https://www.dynavector.com/products/cart/e_xx2mk2.html

https://www.melbournehifi.com.au/products/dynavector-dv-xx2-mkii

• By MooCow
      Item: Ortofon Cadenza Blue MC cartridge
      Price: 1975
      Item Condition: New
      Extra Info: I bought this from a Melbourne dealer for a project that is now not going ahead...unopened. $2499 list.

Review: https://positive-feedback.com/reviews/hardware-reviews/ortofon-cadenza-blue-cartridge/

Can post.

• By anthony vinyl
      Item: Charisma Mc 2 moving coil Cartridge
      Price: $900
      Item Condition: Excellent, less than 120 hrs - just run in
      Reason for selling: more carts than needed - moving on a couple
      Payment Method: Cash, Paypal + 4 % , can post with buyer expense.
      Extra Info: This cartridge produces huge scale of sound stage and dynamic. beautifully delineated yet non fatiguing - 'tis a mighty fine cartridge - just not as good in my system as my lyra  . rrp $ 2390

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

• By denimhunter
      Item:        AUDIO NOTE-KONDO io cartridge
      Price:        $3600 (price drop)
      Item Condition: excellent
      Extra Info:

An early example of Audio Note-Kondo io mc phono cartridge. 
      I purchased this from Japan and had the cartridge checked and retipped by ANA Mighty sound in France.  Retipped with Van del haul stylus.  Damper have been checked and suspension rebuilt.  

So this is literally a New cartridge.
      Played for about 10 hours for testing since rebuilt.  They are quite rare and hardly come up for sale.  The cost of the rebuilt alone is in excess of $2000.
      I have quite a few cartridges so just have to let go some to better home.

Known as one of the best low output mc cartridge designed by Kondo san.  Output 0.1 mv with 1 ohm impedance so will work with a minimum of x30 step up ratio and high gain phono stage.

ANA mighty sound is highly reputable cartridge repairer and builder in France.
      Their Sculpture A3 cartridges were used by Thomas Schick, Frank Schroeder in Sibatone (western electric), Vitus and Thrax demo rooms among others in the recent 2019 Munich high end show.

Additional info for those interested:
      http://anamightysound.com/
      https://www.tonepublications.com/analogaholic/ana-mighty-sound/

François from Ana mighty have repaired and rebuilt Koetsu and SPU for me previously.  They are always careful to ensure the original sound signature of the cartridge design are retained, especially for the classics like koetsu and AN/Kondo.

Photos: