FS: Croft RIAA Valve Phono Stage

Item: Croft Acoustics RIAA MM Valve Phono Stage
Price: $950.00
Item Condition: Pretty much as new
Reason for selling: Upgrade
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
Extra Info:

I've really enjoyed this phono stage. The sound is lovely and natural, with a really nice percussiveness. Croft have a really strong following in the UK, they don't do much marketing, but word of mouth is strong. They are had wired in the UK, and high quality.

I bought it new about 2.5 years ago. It has been in my rack since then, and I can't see any obvious blemishes on it, it works perfectly. 

This is a MM phono stage, I've used it with MC cartridges with a step up transformer, which worked really nicely. It really responds to different valves, so you can really taylor it to your ear. The tube rollers will enjoy this one. 

I will supply with the original JJ valves, which have very low hours. I used them for the first couple of weeks to get a taste for the sound, then put some old stock valves in. The RCA valves pictured are not included.  

Pictures:

IMG_6765.jpg

IMG_6760.jpg

IMG_6762.jpg

IMG_6767.jpg

IMG_6764.jpg

• Like 1

So what did you upgrade to, Geoff?

(The Croft phono stage is a fine-sounding piece of gear!)

PM me if you don't want to post on your for-sale thread.

Andy

Thanks Andy. I was actually very happy with my system, and had no plans to change the Croft.

An EMIA popped up for sale, which got me curious and I as it’s not something you see very often, I decided to check it out.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...