Sign in to follow this  
Mr_Gadget

Unbroken Blu ray

Picked up Unbroken in JB's 2 for 20 deals. In the setup menu it listed Atmos unfortunately I do not have atmos just 5.1. But that didn't stop me from upping the volume.

Thoroughly enjoyed the movie. At first I was a little disappointed realizing what I saw at the show was all of the bombing scenes. But it was a cracking movie overall.

I received the bluray of this in the mail today.....may watch it a bit later. I only have 5.1 but I am interested to see how my humble system stacks up against the $500,000 Krix demo system......😄🤣 I expect it to sound quite awesome actually!👍

I've watched this at least a dozen times on cinemas around the place since the Hi-Fi Show. Sadly, none have come close (including my own) to what we witnessed at the Hi-Fi Show! Same with the opening scene of Mad Max. :(

3 minutes ago, Marc said:

I've watched this at least a dozen times on cinemas around the place since the Hi-Fi Show. Sadly, none have come close (including my own) to what we witnessed at the Hi-Fi Show! Same with the opening scene of Mad Max. :(

I am not surprised by that at all....the KRIX demo was totally awesome!🙏 I sort of meant "I expect it to sound quite awesome actually.....by my standards.".....but I must admit, I am regularly blown away by what 'my humble system' can acheive with most soundtracks. I'll have to give Fury Road another crack as well.....👌

My new fav is Mission Impossible Fallout. The sound bubble is tremendous. Hopefully the release includes the Atmos track and isn't nerfed.

Another recent release (though not Atmos) is the Incredibles 2. The opening sequence is articulate and authoritative at the same time.

Edited by WasM

On 27/11/2018 at 4:50 PM, stevoz said:

I received the bluray of this in the mail today.....may watch it a bit later. I only have 5.1 but I am interested to see how my humble system stacks up against the $500,000 Krix demo system......😄🤣 I expect it to sound quite awesome actually!👍

Bit slow on this one but I watched selected scenes from Unbroken a few nights ago including of course the Krix demo scene, which turns out to be the opening scene of the movie (as you already know). It was awesome! Not Krix half million dollars awesome but awesome none the less. This is an extremely impressive soundtrack and it's easy to see why they chose it to exhibit their Atmos systems capabilities.👌

My HT system only decodes up to DTS HD Master Audio but that was quite outstanding. I used to think DTS HD MA was all one would ever need but you can't stop progress! Having said that and current budget aside😕, I think Dolby Atmos can wait a little while longer.....😃

Edited by stevoz

Yes it is impressive. That first 10-15 minutes is intense!!!

I haven't watched beyond that yet lol.

Like you, I have a humble 5.1 setup but is impressive all the same. (And my surrounds are in ceiling so not ideally placed. I'll just pretend they are the Atmos channels ;))