Sign in to follow this  
Mr_Gadget

Unbroken Blu ray

Aften watching the Krix demo I just bought the Blu ray of UnBroken. I'm confused about the audio presented on the disc. Does it have Atmos? 5.1 or 7.1?

I dont have an Atmos setup to confirm.

Thanks.

if it's the same as the us disc it will have dolby atmos, dolby true-hd 7.1 and dolby digital 5.1

post a large pic of the rear of the case to confirm.

I'm tipping sales of this title have skyrocketed in Melbourne this week!

2 hours ago, Mr_Gadget said:

Aften watching the Krix demo I just bought the Blu ray of UnBroken. I'm confused about the audio presented on the disc. Does it have Atmos? 5.1 or 7.1?

I dont have an Atmos setup to confirm.

Thanks.

you have to buy the US edition to get the atmos sound track. the local one has no atmos sound track.

I had to buy the us edition when I upgraded my setup to atmos few years ago. 

Oh that's crap! I don't think it even has 7.1. As long as the 5.1 mix is as good as the US version I may just keep it as I don't have Atmos or 7.1. I paid $15 for it.

IMG_20181018_215134840.jpg

IMG_20181018_215040587.jpg

Edited by Mr_Gadget

1 hour ago, Mr_Gadget said:

Oh that's crap! I don't think it even has 7.1. As long as the 5.1 mix is as good as the US version I may just keep it as I don't have Atmos or 7.1. I paid $15 for it.

IMG_20181018_215134840.jpg

IMG_20181018_215040587.jpg

the aussie release track is very good and if dont have atmos...no real need to be chasing the us atmos track.

I've decided to keep it....now to find time to watch it.

I also bought Matrix 4k and Coco.

On 19/10/2018 at 1:41 PM, Mr_Gadget said:

I've decided to keep it....now to find time to watch it.

I also bought Matrix 4k and Coco.

It's a misprint on the cover @Mr_Gadget - it is actually Atmos.

@:) al went through the same thing a couple of years ago but might have forgotten  😊 That's what happens with 50,000 posts!

3 minutes ago, Krix Loudspeakers said:

It's a misprint on the cover @Mr_Gadget - it is actually Atmos.

@:) al went through the same thing a couple of years ago but might have forgotten  😊 That's what happens with 50,000 posts!

Blow me down again :D

Cool! Looks like it may be along time before I join the Atmos train if I go the projector route next.

Watched Coco with my daughter and didn't think it was that great. Then watched it again (properly without surfing the net during the film) and it actually made me tear up at the end!

Edited by Mr_Gadget

Had a rare 15 minutes to myself this morning so decided to give Unbroken a spin. Oh my god, sounded pretty awesome and I've just got a 5.1 system. Cranked up the volume to really give it a go and it did not disappoint. Just lacking the big screen for that real cinema feel.

6 minutes ago, Mr_Gadget said:

Had a rare 15 minutes to myself this morning so decided to give Unbroken a spin. Oh my god, sounded pretty awesome and I've just got a 5.1 system. Cranked up the volume to really give it a go and it did not disappoint. Just lacking the big screen for that real cinema feel.

great to hear have enjoyed. if can get a screen setup that is more immersive,. then it really does put you in there for an even more engaging experience. you dont also have to go massive screens for it something eg to THX spec for immersion  seems to work pretty well in my opinion. :) 

6 minutes ago, :) al said:

great to hear have enjoyed. if can get a screen setup that is more immersive,. then it really does put you in there for an even more engaging experience. you dont also have to go massive screens for it something eg to THX spec for immersion  seems to work pretty well in my opinion. :) 

Yep, hoping to check out some projectors after Christmas.

Come along to the night and we might let you twist our arm to watch Unbroken or perhaps something in 4K on a few different projectors (at various price points) and see it for yourself, with our Dolby Atmos 7.1.4 system, as we have the best high-end projector collection in one room anywhere in Australia!