Cheap Trick at the Enmore

Anyone see Cheap Trick last night at the Enmore? Bloody great concert with everyone in fine form.

The only criticism I can make was that it was way too loud with Robin Zander’s excellent vocals screeching making it difficult to discern the lyrics. Same with the guitars, so loud that you couldn’t discern the notes. 

I reckon it would’ve been better had it been turned down to 9 from 12! 

Similar experience with Suzanne Vega a couple of months ago at the same venue. With that concert the bass was over powering everything else - vocals and other instruments. 

Any thoughts? 

• Like 1

I just wasn’t prepared to watch them supporting Foreigner in Adelaide , that would be like Bowie supporting Kids In The Kitchen.

Fear not , saw them at The Palais in St Kilda in the ‘80s and they were ear bleeding loud then too. 

No Bun E Carlos?

• 3 weeks later...

I spoke to a friend of mine who is an employee at the Palais Theater in Melbourne and she said they has numerous complaints about the CT vol at their show.

I always take plugs as precaution but I know plenty don't.

Last year Joe Bonamassa at the Palais was set to 12 on the Amp as well, which was unnecessary.

Regards Cazzesman

@Telecine  Was that when you were apprenticed or perhaps indentured is the correct word, to our resident rabbito @djb ? He was obviously paying you way way too much if you could afford to go to a Festival Hall concert.

My old china plate Russ Hinze used to order the odd brace of rabbits from djb back then and he always called him Peter(thought it was a great joke did Russ) which used to rile him a bit. You may have even delivered them once or twice.

Just now, Luc said:

@Telecine  Was that when you were apprenticed or perhaps indentured is the correct word, to our resident rabbito @djb ? He was obviously paying you way way too much if you could afford to go to a Festival Hall concert.

My old china plate Russ Hinze used to order the odd brace of rabbits from djb back then and he always called him Peter(thought it was a great joke did Russ) which used to rile him a bit. You may have even delivered them once or twice.

@djb was a bad payer. I had to sell rabbits on the "black" to make enough to afford to go. Russ had a voracious appetite and would eat a dozen at a sitting, washed down with a crate of beer.

• Like 1

Cheap Trick is such a great rock band and the thing is, they don’t need to prove it by turning it up to 12. There were so many songs where I couldn’t discern the lyrics because of the volume?? 

Turn it down fellas for the next one, pleeease. 

@Telecine  A leopard doesn't change it's spots does it, so he was avaricious back then. I was double checking my spelling as I'm a bad speller and I was trying to think of a more descriptive synonym and wondered which one you'd choose?

:grasping, acquisitive, covetous, greedy, rapacious, mercenary, materialistic, mean, miserly;

money-grubbing, money-grabbing; grabby;

(rare)pleonectic, Mammonish, Mammonistic

I think we can dispense with antonyms in this case.

Pleonectic has a nice ring to it, never seen it till now but I like it. Scrooge might do too.

cheapskate churl hoarder(now aint that the truth) moneygrubber skinflint stiff penny-pincher pinchfist

pinchpenny tight.

10 minutes ago, Luc said:

@Telecine  A leopard doesn't change it's spots does it, so he was avaricious back then. I was double checking my spelling as I'm a bad speller and I was trying to think of a more descriptive synonym and wondered which one you'd choose?

:grasping, acquisitive, covetous, greedy, rapacious, mercenary, materialistic, mean, miserly;

money-grubbing, money-grabbing; grabby;

(rare)pleonectic, Mammonish, Mammonistic

I think we can dispense with antonyms in this case.

Pleonectic has a nice ring to it, never seen it till now but I like it. Scrooge might do too.

cheapskate churl hoarder(now aint that the truth) moneygrubber skinflint stiff penny-pincher pinchfist

pinchpenny tight.

No, no. Never, never. He was a smashing bloke. He used to give his mother flowers and that. He was like a brother to me. (Well when he wasn't nailing my head to the floor)

He were a cruel man, cruel but fair.

Edited by Telecine
  • Like 1

Most gigs at the Enmore sound pretty bad, in my opinion. I’ve been to quite a few, and I’ve learnt to lower my expectations about how any band/artist is going to sound there. I don’t think it’s just a volume problem, as I’ve been to concerts there that weren’t too loud, but the music was just one big sonic mess.