Hi All, absolute beginner in this field and will be looking for some advice about B & W speakers. Been reading some info on this site and am impressed with peoples expertise. 

7 minutes ago, Barnesy 05 said:

Hi All, absolute beginner in this field and will be looking for some advice about B & W speakers. Been reading some info on this site and am impressed with peoples expertise. 

:welcome:

But don't forget that your ears are the best judge, even as a beginner.  If it sounds good to you, do not be afraid to say so as you go progress...

This is true. What may sound good to me, may not to others. 

Gday Barnesy 05

Welcome Mate to SNA.Lots of reading and expertise here.

craka

Welcome mate and feel free to ask! There's a few B&W or past B&W owners here, including myself. But as Snoopy so wisely pointed out, your ears are the best judge!  

Yeah, all of the above... I own B&W speakers (CDM7SE) for over 20 years. Have been looking (well, listening) around every now and then (just to try and be prepared if they’d ever give up the ghost) but am still very happy with my current ones... not sure that the latest B&Ws are up to scratch (unless of course willing to spend car level money :-))

Greetings I beg to differ^^^ if your a hifi beginner listen to the gear of others to tune your ear listen to the mistakes of others 

"I know what I like" is NOT a knowlegeable place to be

Hi Djb, not sure if your response was to my post, but it did make me realise I should have added that the latest B&Ws ‘that would be in same range (even if price is incomparable across 29 years:))’ are up to scratch in comparison to my own. And of course very much so to my ears only. I totally agree it is a great experience to be listen to other peoples setup ..