WITHDRAWN OR RELISTED: ATC SCM100ASLT - Active Towers

Guest ClassicalGuy

Guest ClassicalGuy

Item: ATC SCM100ASLT  

Price: No longer for sale.

Item Condition: 10/10 

Reason for selling: Buying a house – alas, my 1-bedroom apartment isn’t suitable for married life.  

Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only

Extra Info: For sale are my ATC SCM100 active loudspeaker (350w per channel) towers. They were ordered in August 2017 and delivered on 22 December (it was a very merry Christmas). TNT delivered them into my apartment (see photographs) where they were unpacked and that’s where they’ve sat since. Thus my 10/10 rating, there’s not a mark, not a blemish, they’ve just never been moved so no opportunity for a mishap.   

I don’t have the crates as the ATC crates were made to be completely disassembled around the speaker (it was all nails and glue, no screws) so I sacrificed the crates to make sure the speakers were unpacked with zero risk. I of course have the manual, spikes, speaker grills etc.  

I won’t talk too much about sound, ATC has a cult following and I get an email from fellow SNAers about once a month who’ve seen that I own them from my signature. Certainly they deserve a better room than my concrete cave, and better electronics than my Hugo TT, but even in my far from ideal scenario the sound is astronomical. 

Pictures:

Edited by ClassicalGuy

Guest ClassicalGuy

I regret just looking at this post, but if selling these can make a real dent in a deposit, it'll be worth it. 

After 10 months, they continue to surprise me daily. Sounds I've never heard in recordings, voice and instruments more realistic than I've ever heard, and even at low levels you can feel the reverbaration of drums. Even my wife LOVES these speakers and she doesn't care about hi fi.

But, I'm from Queensland, Melbourne real estate is crazy, and we're both getting to that point we're if we're going to have children it has to start pretty soon.  

Wow!!      Hope you shift them.   :)       Slight digression I know, but how did you find the Hugo TT as a combined front-end DAC and preamp??     You are partnering it with some VERY expensive speakers!!   :)

Guest ClassicalGuy

@AJL999 Hugo TT is amazing. I've had Rotel separates, borrowed some Berkeley gear, a DAVE and the Hugo TT is great. I've no reason not to use a DAC/pre because I'm not into CD/SACD/vinyl right now. Until that changes, I won't be adding a dedicated pre. 

This was all of course about climbing the hi fi ladder, but, sometimes plans change a bit.

Wait a year and then buy a house. The way Melbourne and Sydney real estate market are looking you'll save 15% on the purchase price and you will still have your speakers!
Even a 6% drop in a year would pay for these lovely speakers. Mind you it's also another years mortgage repayments with interest later on. If you are planning on having kids then i totally understand and glwts.

Wonderful piece of kit! Best of luck with the sale. I somewhat agree with @Tony B said. The buyer market window has only just begun, wait a little bit longer, more savings to be had I reckon.

Not entirely sure what stage of property buying you're in. But, if you already have your eyes on a home and starting a family then go for it, higi gears are just things. When finances improve you can re-evaluate buying stereo gear again.  To sale or to keep, either way you're envious of a lot of people as can been seen on the coments. :thumb:

16 hours ago, Tony B said:

Wait a year and then buy a house. The way Melbourne and Sydney real estate market are looking you'll save 15% on the purchase price and you will still have your speakers!

Bill Evans @ a recent event was predicting house prices to fall for the next 5 years! Even better - don't own a house. getting out of the property market was one of the best things I ever did. :P

People are buying 2million dollar houses and then renting them out for a measly 2.5% return; insanity! Great for renters like me though! haha.

GLWTS. House or no house; those are mighty fine speakers.