The other hi-fi show thread

Hi-Fi show update.

Members update.

Sad buggers who turned up in their hundreds.

That kinda update.

Soooo... First day news, your probably wondering what's in show and how good is it?

Well ya gotta be cruel to be kind, yeah?

So if you missed the Krix Dolby Atmos sessions well your a bit of a dill aren't you.

Nevermind you'd not of understood 99% of everything you were told.

A lot of us picked up on 10 and possibly 15% of what was said.

I wasn't one of them. But I really enjoyed the movie and the special FX.?

Now put all of that to one side.

Go and book in on your phone or the PC and go in for the twenty minute session and be prepared to be gobsmacked you lot. It's (naughty word) goodness.

I had a pic to post but I don't want to steal the boss's thunder here. He took vid and pics and he can use his humungous data allowance to post em...

I've run out of data and I'm sneakily using @candyflip and @grizzly 's data coz they have their phones on some weird thing I can connect to.

Thanks guys!

I feel the love. ?

So first day we had a cruisy day and then a heap of passive aggressive alcoholics turned up at the planned gtg at a moderators house who has a killer system but is kinda of stuck in the past when he and it comes to music...cuz he plays...(wait for it... Oh ok then... Second guess me you smart...)

A lot of P.F. and I said if you play the farkNg Eagles I'm leaving!

He did and I didn't! (Damnit.l hate doing one thing and then doing exactly what they knew I wouldn't do?

Lots of nice wine and oddly enough I educated some of the knuckle dragging normal beer types there into the phantasmagora that is the radiant and good world of the IPA drinker's normal place in... (say a hail Mary at least you heathens!)

Late at night now and all of the above sly mentioned members ect are farking snoring at the aforementioned member's place or... They made it home.

Great first day. And night.

It's only 2am... What could possibly go wrong tomorrow? I

... Oh bugger it's time for bed.

• Like 9
  • Love 1

Way way too late to post pics.

Need to sober up a bit for that.

But let me say this.

If I'd been allowed to play my selection of Radiohead rarities they'd be raving about this system and its ability to play music outside of most people's knowledge.

Due mostly to the fact that I have it buried in my ph and you need to be in full charge of your facilities to bring it out in all its stolen FLAC goodness...

The revelation that is close to the same that those Saints had in the gospels...

Will have to wait for another day or moment.

Never fear though that I won't have a go tomorrow to bring to fruition every exhibiters worst nightmare.

And that is a patron with a truly awesome 'Cast' facility whose prepared to use it...

Oh yes indeed... No more bloody Diana Krall or Eagles or pink bloody Floyd or that gormless twit who married Diana K  with his black rimmed glasses and elevator music.

Nope.

It's gonna be rare Radiohead and Johan Jonatan "Jussi" Björling a tenor that... That... Words fail me.

Yup. He's that farking good

Haha. Anarchy indeed.

*Nurse!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Luc said:

So first day we had a cruisy day and then a heap of passive aggressive alcoholics turned up at the planned gtg at a moderators house who has a killer system but is kinda of stuck in the past when he and it comes to music...cuz he plays...(wait for it... Oh ok then... Second guess me you smart...)

A lot of P.F. and I said if you play the farkNg Eagles I'm leaving!

He did and I didn't! (Damnit.l hate doing one thing and then doing exactly what they knew I wouldn't do?

Lots of nice wine and oddly enough I educated some of the knuckle dragging normal beer types there into the phantasmagora that is the radiant and good world of the IPA drinker's normal place in... (say a hail Mary at least you heathens!)

Late at night now and all of the above sly mentioned members ect are farking snoring at the aforementioned member's place or... They made it home.

Great first day. And night.

It's only 2am... What could possibly go wrong tomorrow? I

... Oh bugger it's time for bed.

Oooh , I have woken and my head hurts.

A great night last night with with the passive aggressive alcoholics.

But I love Pink Floyd!  and we played 1 Eagles track.

Other than my fingers fumbling on the playlist we managed a few good tracks.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Thanks for great night Joz. As I never over indulge I've woken up raring to go! 

Geez those other blow ins from Sydney are loud aren't they. Couldn't shut them up...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, joz said:

Oooh , I have woken and my head hurts.

A great night last night with with the passive aggressive alcoholics.

But I love Pink Floyd!  and we played 1 Eagles track.

Other than my fingers fumbling on the playlist we managed a few good tracks.

Massaged fish again? ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Geez those other blow ins from Sydney are loud aren't they. Couldn't shut them up...

I’ve given the Sydney blow ins strict instructions on appropriate behaviour south of the border. They have also been advised to align themselves with the fisherman from the north of the state and avoid those southerners with their Pink Floyd and Eagles trash.
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Luc said:

Its been a lot quieter in Sydney this weekend.

Guest jakeyb77
1 hour ago, everydayIs25 said:

Pretty disappointed about the Melbourne HiFi show, feels a bit low end.

Venue narrow, crowed, low ceiling... not many big brands...

Different strokes and all that... 

You wouldn’t even consider the Kharma system for your workshop?? 

Guest jakeyb77

The D&D were my highlight in my budget. 

The Yamaha room unfortunately never had the TT running which is what I wanted to see. The NS-5000 looked good but were outclassed really in this day and age. They sounded magnificent on a couple of songs then sounded terrible after that. But every pair of 1000’s has been like that for me also. 

The Osborn reference appealed and the Revel/Levinson gear really impressed me. 

The new L-100 left me disappointed The first listen and then they put some fire up them and they came alive. 

But I had a great time. Talked to some fantastic people with great knowledge and advice. Lots of laughs and even scored some records I’ve been hunting. 

Big thanks to @candyflip for his efforts in the record fair also.

Edited by jakeyb77

Probably should talk about the various great systems on display here and the sweat and blood they've forked out to get here and present some startling and wonderfully revealing systems.

And to me if you have a set up that reveals previously unheard bits and pieces of a well known track, then that system is doing its job.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jakeyb77 said:

Big thanks to @candyflip for his efforts in the record fair also.

Thanks Jake. It’s been a huge success I think. ?

In the location I’m in, and the amount of thru traffic we have each hour right past our open crates, I’m finding it very challenging giving everyone we meet equal time and chats though.

My apologies. I will where I can tomorrow, but just be aware we *are* seeing theft from crates and I’m spending a lot of time on active watch. It’s actually exhausting being ‘on’, 8 hours straight, 3 days in a row, as any exhibitor will attest. We are really enjoying the Fair and the Show, but this isn’t a cakewalk. Please understand this - with kind thanks. ?

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, candyflip said:

In the location I’m in, and the amount of thru traffic we have each hour right past our open crates, I’m finding it very challenging giving everyone we meet equal time and chats though.

My apologies. I will where I can tomorrow, but just be aware we *are* seeing theft from crates and I’m spending a lot of time on active watch. It’s actually exhausting being ‘on’, 8 hours straight, 3 days in a row, as any exhibitor will attest. We are really enjoying the Fair and the Show, but this isn’t a cakewalk. Please understand this - with kind thanks. ?

Was good to meet you today Jon.

• Like 1

Guest jakeyb77
6 hours ago, BATMAQN said:

Was good to meet you today Jon.

You were there Seb? Should have told me you were coming. Would have been good to meet you. 

7 hours ago, astormsau said:

The Kharma system sounded fantastic and the record fair was great. I came in for the afternoon and had a great time. Thanks to everyone who has put in so much effort :)

It did sound fantastic. I love the low volume they were playing it at. sounded just right and superb.

47 minutes ago, jakeyb77 said:

You were there Seb? Should have told me you were coming. Would have been good to meet you. 

Jake would be good to meet you too I’m back there this morning for one final go I have to admit I was a bit quiet before the show. 

8 hours ago, candyflip said:

You guys certainly are doing it tough being there for the entire day, and then having to deal with thefts on top of that is something you don't really need.
It was great to put a face to a name on Friday morning and thank you for that pristine copy of Lou Reed's Transformer!
Will be playing that as soon as I get home this arvo sometime!   :)

• Thanks 1