Sign in to follow this  
houdinifangs

Melbourne Marathon

I was supposed to be coming over for the show and the marathon but unfortunately life has got in the way. 😞

Have fun mate. 👍

Half for me Houdini, had a half in Adelaide 4 weeks ago.

30 months since Paris when I cracked my right femur neck - last marathon I'll ever do!

Weather looks great - a bit warm perhaps.

Benje

Edited by Benje

Half for me too this year...the first Melbourne full I did it was 28° and some of the drink stations ran out of water...brutal...

Who’s having a crack on Sunday? 
Break a leg!!

1 hour ago, Dave O))) said:
21 hours ago, houdinifangs said:
Who’s having a crack on Sunday? 

Break a leg!!

I did that - it happens in  Marathons. Paris 30 months ago. Compression fractureof the right femur neck. I wouldn't wish it on anyone.  :)

2 hours ago, blackangus said:

@houdinifangs Matt wanna grab a bite and a sip after?

@blackangus sure...you might have to wait 15 minutes for me to catch up...

[mention=108833]blackangus[/mention] sure...you might have to wait 15 minutes for me to catch up...
I'm lining up for the full length, I'll shoot you a text and if if you're still in town somewhere I'll come meet ya!

19 hours ago, Benje said:

I did that - it happens in  Marathons. Paris 30 months ago. Compression fractureof the right femur neck. I wouldn't wish it on anyone. 

I've seen the pics and just thinking about it again makes me need a beer.

ouch !!!!!!!!

It was very warm.

4 weeks ago I had 2:18, today 2:33 for 21.1.  It was challenging.

Bodies everywhere getting medical assistance.

Saw a few half-marathoners walking back, and a few marathoners hobbling back - glad I 'only' did 21.1.

10,000 in the half, good field.  Roadworks (well train works) near The Domain were a bit of a farce - a narrow alleyway (one lane plus a bikeway) for so many runners.

It is a good event - the MCG was humming.

Edited by Benje

2 hours ago, Benje said:

It was very warm.

Saw a few half-marathoners walking back, and a few marathoners hobbling back - glad I 'only' did 21.1.

10,000 in the half, good field.  Roadworks (well train works) near The Domain were a bit of a farce - a narrow alleyway (one lane plus a bikeway) for so many runners.

Yeah, that roads works was tight...I had to actually stop twice...they should have done a better job controlling the start separating runners...

PTV was pretty bad too, they advertised and their app said more trains were scheduled...I ended up catching a taxi...

7 hours ago, Benje said:

It was very warm.

There were all sorts running and walking.,I see why The medics we’re busy....46D646DE-1326-4627-A48D-A1A5B6875B60.thumb.jpeg.895072363c2a2a9a8f60396be0e304cc.jpeg

Just glad the drinks stations were all stocked all day! I grabbed three at a time around the 38km mark and definitely guzzled every icy pole on offer but it's a long way to go for a free icy pole from a stranger. I finished 42.2 in 3:46, I found it by far the toughest one I've done but v happy to finish and still be able to walk... Slowly...