Steve M

FS: Supratek Cabernet 300B Valve Preamplifier

Item:   Supratek Cabernet 300B [DHT] Valve Preamplifier
Price: $3200
Item Condition:  Very Good
Reason for selling: Surplus, I've got two of them ...
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
Extra Info:  See below

For sale is a lovely sounding Supratek Cabernet 300B DHT (Directly Heated Triode) linestage preamplifier. It is finished in the preferred piano gloss black over a solid copper chrome chassis, which in my opinion is the best looking in the Supratek range. The exotic circuit runs a myriad of nice tubes. There is a single Sovtek 5AR4 rectifier in the separate power supply and, in the main preamp chassis starting at the back, are two Sovtek 5881 regulators (placed close to the main preamp circuit for better sonics); a pair of EH 300B DHT output tubes; the two stage drivers incorporate a pair of 12BH4 tubes driving a pair of 6SN7 tubes. All very nice sounding valves that respond well to tube-rolling. It is especially worthwhile if you trial different 300B or 6SN7 varieties. Although I am told, changing the rectifier tube makes a difference too.

If you know of Supratek, you will be aware that the designer and owner Mick Maloney has the ability to build and customize his circuits to be whatever you want. While his initial design goal always starts with good circuit design aiming for accuracy, he can also tailor the sound of his preamps to suit the customer's needs by using a different circuit, component changes and/or different valves. In view of this, the particular Supratek Cabernet preamp that  I am offering sounds very detailed, clear and open ...with the combination of 300B + 6SN7 majoring on midrange beauty and sweetness in the treble. It is for example, the preferred sound of long time Stereonet member 'Thomo' who uses a 300B Supratek preamplifier.

*Anyone in Perth is welcome to come and audition the Cabernet preamp in my home, I can also ship the item Australia wide using a courier at cost.

Cheers,

Steve.

84r.jpg

87r.jpg

88r.jpg

91r.jpg

97r.jpg

95r.jpg

Beautiful preamp (both looking and sounding) ;) Now why on earth do you have 2? GLWTS!

3 minutes ago, Ittaku said:

Beautiful preamp (both looking and sounding) ;) Now why on earth do you have 2? GLWTS!

Haha Con! :D  Like Rolex watches, one can never have too many Suprateks. The works of industrial art and good sound that they are. :thumb:

I'd like to keep this black beauty if only it had a phono stage like my other one in Jarrah ...

Steve.

Edited by Steve M

'One can never have too many Suprateks'

You should start your own SNA Inspirational Daily Calendar!

How about: 'Nothing Exceeds Like Excess'??

One is impressed...

3 hours ago, doogie44 said:

'One can never have too many Suprateks'

You should start your own SNA Inspirational Daily Calendar!

How about: 'Nothing Exceeds Like Excess'??

One is impressed...

Doogie: you should see my current loudspeaker collection/affliction ...even more indulgent! :rolleyes:

Steve

Edited by Steve M

Wow a beautiful thing. If you've got a mature pair, could you perhaps encourage them to reproduce?

No remote on this model.

Edited by Steve M

Quite a few interested parties sitting on the fence with this one, so I’ll just say don’t be shy as I am open to offers on this beautiful triode preamplifier.🙂

Regards,

Steve.