Enjoying the new addition to my system, Monitor Audio Silver 8 speakers purchased from @gillmaverick 

Been listening to these for a week really enjoying the bass from these wonderful speakers, anyone else enjoying Monitor Audio speakers?

IMG20181009182558.jpg

Congratulations, I've owned silver s6, rs6 , rs8 and gold gs20  all good speakers. 

Told the platinum range is very good. 

8 minutes ago, cafe67 said:

Congratulations, I've owned silver s6, rs6 , rs8 and gold gs20  all good speakers. 

Told the platinum range is very good. 

Thanks i believe they have recently released a new Bronze Silver Gold and Platinum range and getting good reviews.

Im currently running Silver 200's.  Very happy with them

Yeah i reckon they are great! And believe it or not im actually listening to your profile picture album hence the reply!

im sure Animals must sound great pumping through those speakers

I still enjoy my RS1’s in stereo mode and run them with a RSLCR centre and some in-ceiling silver MA’s (but I can’t remember the model) for surround. The stereo performance still makes me smile.

One of my all  time favourite speaker brands.

I saw and sold the first pairs ever to come to Australia when I worked for the distributor at the time and since then I have owned many speakers in their range. Would love to hear/buy some Platinum series some day.

The thing about them is that they always represent great value for money and sound great. Build quality is superior to some speakers 10 times their price as well.

Count me as a fan but not a fanatic.

I picked up a pair of GS10s earlier this year for a second system.  They sound really good even with an average amplifier.

BB51AEEA-60B2-4838-95AB-FAA8118B03F7.jpeg

I have GS60's that I purchased new over ten years ago.  I love them.  I recently went to Japan where I bought some second hand speaker cables and new jumpers (Zonotone). Wow. I cannot believe how well the GS60's now sound. My system has completely changed this year and no doubt that would have an affect on the speakers. I have attended the hifi show and there are some magnificent speakers on display but at the moment I hear no reason to change.

20181013_140802_resized.thumb.jpg.aeaeae0bc6e7e4d9409873c3acb09b6f.jpg

20181012_103803_resized.thumb.jpg.753af833e940f6c73a603677b65c9b40.jpg

I’m using Silver 100’s pushed with an ME 240 in my second system 

On 12/10/2018 at 4:47 PM, Andrews_melb said:

Yeah i reckon they are great! And believe it or not im actually listening to your profile picture album hence the reply!

im sure Animals must sound great pumping through those speakers

Oh yes Animals sounds excellent 👍

5 hours ago, rodders3 said:

I have GS60's that I purchased new over ten years ago.  I love them.  I recently went to Japan where I bought some second hand speaker cables and new jumpers (Zonotone). Wow. I cannot believe how well the GS60's now sound. My system has completely changed this year and no doubt that would have an affect on the speakers. I have attended the hifi show and there are some magnificent speakers on display but at the moment I hear no reason to change.

20181013_140802_resized.thumb.jpg.aeaeae0bc6e7e4d9409873c3acb09b6f.jpg

20181012_103803_resized.thumb.jpg.753af833e940f6c73a603677b65c9b40.jpg

The GS60's look fantastic, its always good to get some SQ gains from tweeks like you new speaker cable, enjoy!

On 11/10/2018 at 9:40 PM, ollie_08 said:
Enjoying the new addition to my system, Monitor Audio Silver 8 speakers purchased from [mention=133337]gillmaverick[/mention] 
Been listening to these for a week really enjoying the bass from these wonderful speakers, anyone else enjoying Monitor Audio speakers?

IMG20181009182558.thumb.jpg.99a3140c95db031532fd94824c65466e.jpg

I’ve had my Silver 8’s for 18 months now and absolutely love them. I found (as advised by the fine chaps here) that moving them away from the rear wall really improved tightness, clarity and greatly reduced the boomy bass. Despite the great bass I added a SVS SB1000 sub which is great for the really low stuff.

Edit: day to day I have them as seen below but move them out to about 1m from the rear wall for listening sessions.
IMG_1063.jpg

Edited by Rustee

3 minutes ago, Rustee said:

I’ve had my Silver 8’s for 18 months now and absolutely love them. I found (as advised by the fine chaps here) that moving them away from the rear wall really improved tightness, clarity and greatly reduced the boomy bass. Despite the great bass I added a SVS SB1000 sub which is great for the really low stuff.
IMG_1063.jpg

Nice to hear another Monitor Audio happy chappy, yes i'm still experimenting with position thx for the heads-up.