Poll: How satisfied are you with your HiFi's sound?

How satisfied are you with your current HiFi's sound performance?  

208 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

27 minutes ago, Muon N' said:

With respondents to the poll numbering 113 members out of 148,242 members, I think this is far from the data needed to draw any conclusions.

This is actually an impressive poll relative to other polls that I have tried starting.  It has more votes than most polls. We have a theoretical 148,000 members but I suspect only a few thousand are active...

• Like 3

Guest Muon N'
35 minutes ago, Snoopy8 said:

This is actually an impressive poll relative to other polls that I have tried starting.  It has more votes than most polls. We have a theoretical 148,000 members but I suspect only a few thousand are active...

Well, if we are working without facts it might seem impressive.

Anyway, I didn't vote and my interest is minimal, so I'll leave you guys to it.

1 minute ago, Muon N' said:

Anyway, I didn't vote and my interest is minimal, so I'll leave you guys to it.

Fair enough mate and a good idea.

Don't quite get the angst though.?

• Like 1

Guest Muon N'
Just now, rantan said:

Fair enough mate and a good idea.

Don't quite get the angst though.?

No angst, Rantan.

Only what you choose to perceive.

Have a great night.

I went to my first Hi Fi Show today and my satisfaction with my system is not quite where it was before I went.  Given I don’t have the money to do much about that, I am sure the feeling will wear off over time. ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Extremely happy now that a pair of PMC Twenty5.24's have entered my system.

A lot of folk won't believe me, but the PMC sound is what I've been longing for. I know it might sound short sighted,

but I don't bother listening to other speakers as I truly believe you have to spend double to find their level of enjoyment. 

Just an interconnect upgrade and that'l be it for t least 2-3 years.

• Like 3

I am very satisfied with our 5.1 system which only gets used for movies and music sound is fantastic room has thick carpet and a lot of furniture i am not intrested in atmos reason being i do get sound going overhead dont like the idea of looking at a room full of speakers have seen rooms with atmos only some will compromise at some point.

M&K S150 MKII LCR

M&K SS150 Surrounds

Subsonic XS1 MK2 Subwoofer

Primare SP33 Processor

Atlantic Technology P-2000 Seven Channel Power Amplifier

Regards Lino..

Edited by Turbo68
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Bass13 said:

I'm Happy, two things left, new cartridge & room treatment.

Yep, I’m in this category after yesterday.  I think I could go from somewhat to quite satisfied with some room treatments.

this is now officially my project for the next month or so. Research phase started this morning 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Silent Screamer said:

Interesting that the most votes go to nearly there but still looking for more. I guess that sums up the reason for the forum in the first place. While we are mostly content, but we inevitably seek more. This is just human nature at work.

Actually the wording for the most popular choice, being number two on the list has been updated, it originally didn't have the section in brackets. With the original wording that most had already voted for prior to the update saying people were happy to live with the gear they already had. 

The update changed that.

cheers Terry

Edited by TerryO
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, TerryO said:

Actually the wording for the most popular choice, being number two on the list has been updated, it originally didn't have the section in brackets. With the original wording that most had already voted for prior to the update saying people were happy to live with the gear they already had. 

The update changed that.

cheers Terry

Yes, by all means change your vote if you want to.

Thinking more about this over the weekend and after some tinkering yesterday with some very average make shift acoustic treatments I have changed my vote to Quite satisfied. Although better quality is available, I'm happy to live with the sound quality I have (but may also be interested in trying different types of sounds).  

The addition of the "brackets" and some tinkering pushed me up a notch.  My intial vote was largely based on trying to constantly capture a WOW moment, but in retrospect I am now thinking that is not the constant space I live/listen in and given now the Quite Satisfied option offers interested in trying different types of sounds it fits the bill nicely!

Hopefully it doesn't measure my vote twice now?.

• Like 2

I'm very satisfied,  with both systems.  That's not to say I won't upgrade any part of it if a better component shows up on the classifieds at the right price though.....

I suspect I'll be keeping an eye out for a Hashimoto HM-7 for a very long time. Might see if I can source an attractive wooden box for my Fidelity Research FRT-4 SUT too. I've never been terribly happy with its appearance on its own. It's built to be mounted on something.

Will likely continue to source RCA leads from Aurealis Audio too although I think I'm running all Aurealis Litz copper,  silver or Neotech UPOCC at this point. 

Though yes, effectively tweaking for the sake of it. Can't believe how good the Aurealis R3i Litz Silver tonearm interconnect is. Have to do my rips all over again.

• Like 1

I think my system with its Ultralinear Pure class A triode push pull amp and 106db sensitive speakers is the muts nuts - but everything I read says single ended triode should be better.  Just need to try a 3 or 4 watt SET.  May have to build one to do that but it could be fun.

• Like 2

I am currently in the somewhat happy camp. After buying a Tron pre to match my seven phono i have discovered my cd playback is better than my vinyl playback and not by a small margin. The CD80 into the Tron pre is stunning and i can't stop playing cds. Put the TT into the phono into the pre and something is lacking, maybe too many tubes and analog? Maybe it's time for a new TT?
I'd also like to try some nice efficient speakers to pair with the 50W mono's as they are going nowhere.....
Sitting here listening to some talk talk on cd and geez it's good, very good...

• Like 2

Guest Eggcup The Daft

I voted quite satisfied. At the moment I'm very interested in changes for other reasons though. I want to reduce the box count and find a convenient system to control Tidal and move the CD collection out of the living room. I've ripped most of them now and am about ready to look into the changes seriously.

System changes can and sometimes should happen for reasons other than sound quality. I want to change the sound quality relatively little in my system, in fact, though that big quality upgrade may appear by accident - one can always hope.

• 2 weeks later...
On 16 October 2018 at 6:29 PM, TOPSHELF said:

I am currently in the somewhat happy camp. After buying a Tron pre to match my seven phono i have discovered my cd playback is better than my vinyl playback and not by a small margin. The CD80 into the Tron pre is stunning and i can't stop playing cds. Put the TT into the phono into the pre and something is lacking, maybe too many tubes and analog? Maybe it's time for a new TT?
I'd also like to try some nice efficient speakers to pair with the 50W mono's as they are going nowhere.....
Sitting here listening to some talk talk on cd and geez it's good, very good...

I enjoy listening to the Tron SEVEN phono stage when I cycle it in to my system but I have found that the other phono stage I listen to, being a RCM Sensor Prelude is a step up, it might not be your tt that is limiting your analogue set up.

cheers Terry

Edited by TerryO

went to the hi-fi show and agree with previous comment that my system sounds better than the majority of what i heard, this could be due to the rooms, amount of people in them, types of music played, price doesn't always guarantee satisfaction of sound, matching equipment to your taste could be a deciding factor, cables etc., etc,

but an enjoyable experience