Poll: How satisfied are you with your HiFi's sound?

How satisfied are you with your current HiFi's sound performance?  

208 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

19 hours ago, TerryO said:

Very interesting poll Audiofeline, though given around 70% of responders so far have said they have no or little intention of upgrading it might be best that the forums advertisers don't take it to seriously.

The tributaries to the river of "must have" can meander through the fortitude of a mind given to compromise.

The advertisers here have nothing to worry about.  :D

I chose "Somewhat satisfied".

As although I am quite satisfied with the sound I currently have and find it very enjoyable, I'm always looking at ways to improve the sound. To tweak and eek the best out of it.

For me that's part of the fun of being a true audiofool! ;) 

• Like 3

I went with somewhat satisfied also.  I was contemplating quite satisfied as this is often the case for me but on occassions if im either listening to music or watching a movie I look for that extra couple of % or that wow moment, sometimes its there other times it isnt.  So given there is a slight "chase" every now and then i went with somewhat. 

Also, I can put my hand up and say when I first put that new amp in or added that new TT/DAC etc or changed speakers or speaker position and had that wow moment i would have been in the satisfied camp and thats probably where the chase comes from and quite satisfied drops to somewhat satisfied.  Cars and HiFi are similar, if you're chasing horsepower you modify and you get that rush/buzz, then that modification loses some of its thrill as you get use to it so you modify again chasing that memory to get that buzz!

us humans are programmed funny like that! LOL

• Like 5

7 hours ago, TerryO said:

I never thought it was your intention, however your poll has revealed some interesting numbers and I reckon chances are it's a bit of an eye opener for most that roughly 70% of voters have said they have little to no intention of upgrading and less than 5% aspire to upgrading to something much better.

cheers Terry

I would be interested if any of those 70% never buy a single piece of cable ever again.. ?

7 minutes ago, 08Boss302 said:

us humans are programmed funny like that! LOL

Boys with their toys.. ?

8 hours ago, TerryO said:

I never thought it was your intention, however your poll has revealed some interesting numbers and I reckon chances are it's a bit of an eye opener for most that roughly 70% of voters have said they have little to no intention of upgrading and less than 5% aspire to upgrading to something much better.

I think that those numbers are typical of the challenge anyone faces selling to the high-end of a market like this.  It's exactly why manufacturers constantly strive to come out with something new and exciting.  What they need is something the customer didn't realise they wanted :)   Also, it's not quite like many other markets where the product wears out and becomes a maintenance problem, or at least it happens on a longer scale.

13 hours ago, cyberkank said:
14 hours ago, batou said:
sack the wife and the dream system is complete. noise factor reduce by 99%

Can be costly to sack the wife.

Didn't Johnnie Taylor teach us all "It's Cheaper to Keep Her." From experience he was only 50% (of everything) right.

14 minutes ago, Darren69 said:

I voted very satisfied. ? am really happy with the state of my system nowadays and anything from now on is just playing around. If I never got another shred of improvement in SQ again, I wouldn’t care.

Dazzle you won't mind if I remind you of these comments in a few weeks time when the next big purchase looms on the horizon? ... :na:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Is it possible to be both ‘very satisfied’ AND interested in trying different types of sound? Does variety seeking, or pursuit of a more well rounded understanding of different types of sound and gear, necessarily imply one is not fully satisfied. Deep questions I know! [emoji3]

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, RussB said:

Is it possible to be both ‘very satisfied’ AND interested in trying different types of sound? Does variety seeking, or pursuit of a more well rounded understanding of different types of sound and gear, necessarily imply one is not fully satisfied. Deep questions I know! emoji3.png

I would say "yes" to that.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RussB said:

Is it possible to be both ‘very satisfied’ AND interested in trying different types of sound?

Definitely. It sums up my own situation ( and probably that of many others ) perfectly.?

4 hours ago, RussB said:

Does variety seeking, or pursuit of a more well rounded understanding of different types of sound and gear, necessarily imply one is not fully satisfied.

Definitely not  That is why this hobby is enduring and challenging.

Edited by rantan
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, RussB said:

Is it possible to be both ‘very satisfied’ AND interested in trying different types of sound? Does variety seeking, or pursuit of a more well rounded understanding of different types of sound and gear, necessarily imply one is not fully satisfied. Deep questions I know! emoji3.png

Did the Hifi show help or hinder with your deep questions? :)

Guest Muon N'

With respondents to the poll numbering 113 members out of 148,242 members, I think this is far from the data needed to draw any conclusions.

Flip a coin, it would be more telling.

Edit: oops..I was posting in response to earlier posts on the previous page.

Edited by Muon N'

Just now, Muon N' said:

With respondents to the poll numbering 113 members out of 148,242 members, I think this is far from the data needed to draw any conclusions.

Flip a coin, it would be more telling.

Fair enough.

However, it is interesting and works in the same way as a poll of voting intentions,which are (usually ) reasonably accurate.

I chose 'somewhat satisfied', because I don't feel I am getting the best out of my i91 speakers at the moment. The MF E100 amp I am using is actually not a bad match, and the combination does sound good, but I still believe these speakers could deliver more with a better pairing. Also, this amp is now over 20 years old, and has recently developed an intermittent, and I think rather concerning, problem. (At random it will emit a brief but load 'brrrr' sound for about half a second through both speakers. So far it has only done this once during any particular listening session, but it has happened enough times now to make me wonder if some component is on the brink of imminent failure. I would hate the i91s to suffer any damage due to a failing amp, so I have taken it out of my system for now.)

Sounds like I am talking myself into an upgrade! :cool:

• Like 2

Guest Muon N'
8 minutes ago, rantan said:

Fair enough.

However, it is interesting and works in the same way as a poll of voting intentions,which are (usually ) reasonably accurate.

I believe you do think there is a parallel.

I don't :)

Each to their own views.

Hello, I am sure I am not the only one who polled ? because my system produces very satisfying sound, but not because I have no interest in changing anything. Sometimes I like to change just for the change. And sometimes I want to try different things as an exploration -- being a hobbyist, and this being my hobby.

Regards

Grant

• Like 1

Did the Hifi show help or hinder with your deep questions? [emoji4]

I’d say it helped!. Like some others have reported here, I didn’t hear a lot at the show that left me feeling my own system is inadequate. But I also saw some very nice gear that I felt I would love to have. A bit of deep introspection was required in order to resolve this apparent conflict. [emoji3]
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, RussB said:

I've modified the "very satisfied" option to include the interest in audio gear. 

Thanks for the suggestion.

• Like 1