candyflip

Bands or artists you just never 'got' ?

On 12/10/2018 at 11:13 AM, cafe67 said:

These threads always go the same way lol. The bands i mentioned i dont hate ( thats for the other thread) just bands i dont get ( why they are so popular) but each to their own. 

Take Leonard Cohen seems musically accomplished, writes interesting lyrics, but sings/performs the same monotone way in every song. Ive tried listening to him even watched a live dvd.....result but more interesting than cricket. 

These threads don’t have to always go that way. If someone takes the time to explain their position, like you just did, these can be very educational.

Thanks, a lot of these threads end up tongue in cheek until someone gets all butt hurt about their favourite sacred cow being kicked then it gets all serious.probably more things to worry about. 😀

Edited by cafe67

Talking Heads - live in Rotterdam. They sounded like they needed one of two things either  ECT or a bullet in the back of the neck. I stood up and said so - never saw cloggies get so upset. I left, did'nt matter since I'd jumped the fence and had'nt payed.

Someone earlier dissed Neil Young - are you crazy, that man wrote so much good music, yes his voice was a bit weak but have you actually listened to Rust Live - definitely one of the best Rock n Roll LPs ever.

Talking Heads??? I'm sorry for your loss... One of the best bands from the 80's... Period.

AC/DC
Prince
Elton John
Most C & W

Talking Heads are one of those bands where I like a few of their songs a lot, but the rest of their material doesn't do much for me.

Most C & W ?  A long time ago I would have said the same thing, but not now. Country music is a lot more than 'achy breaky heart' and boot scootin! (Can't stand that stuff myself either.) You need to delve a bit deeper.

34 minutes ago, emesbee said:

Most C & W ?  A long time ago I would have said the same thing, but not now. Country music is a lot more than 'achy breaky heart' and boot scootin! (Can't stand that stuff myself either.) You need to delve a bit deeper.

@rotur

Excellent idea from @emesbee

start at the top

Edited by keyse1

It's the sound that sets my teeth on edge... Something doesn't gel for me... And yet I love folk and world music... Must be a cultural thing