Bands or artists you just never 'got' ?

For me, it's gotta be Weezer.

Hey - I get the joke (college frat-type kids doing emo geek rock, lusting after girls and cars, and being 'dags', for 26 years! ).
I just don't think it's funny.

Their version of Toto's "Africa" is just Exhibit A - adds nothing to the original, and is a shameless copy without any humour. Pointless.

Good luck to them, but, meh..... ?

How about you?

• Like 1

I just cannot listen to Van Morrison, I was working with someone who had Astral Weeks on tape and for 6 hours had to put up with 4 songs that the person would replay over and over.

The reason it was this was was that the driver had the pick of the music, and to this day I have always turned off a song when it has appeared on radio, or not entered a shop if they had it as background music.

Edited by Love_music
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Love_music said:

I just cannot listen to Van Morrison, I was working with someone who had Astral Wheels on tape and for 6 hours had to put up with 4 songs that the person would replay over and over.

The reason it was this was was that the driver had the pick of the music, and to this day I have always turned off a song when it has appeared on radio, or not entered a shop if they had it as background music.

Astral Weeks , but I totally understand!  :) 

1 hour ago, Citroen said:

Kanye West

The one that did it for me was 'Watch The Throne'....after hearing 'My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy', I was a little turned off to be honest, but then I heard the former album and ..wow... that flipped me.

Bought almost everything since then...

• Like 1

Lol theres a clear distinction between bands you cant stand/hate and bands you just dont get what all the fuss was about. 

Theres a lot of old bands i dont get simply because i wasnt born/listening in.that era. So sticking to more modern stuff. 

Pixies and REM(husker du did it better) 

The killers (interpol did it better)

White stripes (just dont get) 

Courtney Barnett (whiney barnett) 

Green day (offspring were better)

Foo Fighters (not nivana) 

Daft punk ( tron 2 ost was great tho)

Nickleback (tho i dont get why some people hate them.so either) 

U2, Van Morrison, Nirvana, Jimmy Barnes, AC/DC (ya got one album, ya got 'em all), Oasis, Radiohead, Sex Pistols, Madonna, Dream Theater (Portnoy's Complaint would have been more accurate), Elvis Costello, Foo Fighters, Smashing Pumpkins, Powderfinger............the list feels endless when you're at the wrong party.

• Like 1

Starting to feel sorry for people

Van Morrison Neil Young Bob Dylan Velvet Underground Sex Pistols Elvis Costello Rolling Stones

Guess yous don’t like Hank Williams Johnny Cash or Merle Haggard either

sighhhhhhhhhh

• Like 2

3 hours ago, candyflip said:

The one that did it for me was 'Watch The Throne'....after hearing 'My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy', I was a little turned off to be honest, but then I heard the former album and ..wow... that flipped me.

Bought almost everything since then...

Tidal streamed. Nope, still don't get it.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Rocketfrogs said:

Paul Kelly,  Radiohead (post OK Computer), Tom Waits,  The Velvet Underground, Hunters and Collectors, Smith Street Band, Lily Allen, Sonic Youth and Nirvana

No invite for me then! OK, maybe I agree with Smith Street Band.

• Like 1